Hi everyone,

I would like some advice from anybody who can point me in the right direction OR confirm what I am thinking of doing: Here is background of the issue (sorry it is a long read).

I have Euro E38, 750IL (build date July 1999). It was a Press Car at the time when it was manufactured.

Baically it was in garage having some work on the gearbox. I think the mechanic forgot to remove the keys from the ignition and battery voltage was low somehow. To cut the story short, the car would not start but it cranked. BMW diagnostic revealed that the EWS needed to be replaced as that is the message we were getting ie "EWS tampering".

So I bought a second used one EWS 4.3 which is compatible with the EWS 3.3 which what I have in the car originally.

I was looking around and plugged BMW PA Soft 1.4 to make sure the EWS 4.3 was working and its data could be read. It is in a good working condition and it came from a Mini/BMW. BUT SOMEHOW, both the IKE and EWS seem to think my car is mini when I hit "car indet" on PA soft. Even when I plug back my old EWS 3.3, it is not reverting back to show my VIN, mileage, etc...

My question is this:

How do i change that first so that IKE and my old EWS 3.3 are matching again before I code the new second hand EWS 4.3? I am asking this because when I tried to use SSS V32 and I chose my car, I got a message back telling me that I chose a wrong car. So the computer is thinking I have a Mini as opposed to an E38.

My immediate thought is to use PA soft and change the Vin in IKE and mileage. Do I have to recode the IKE to the car even though it hasnt been changed at all so to reset everything so to speak? I also noticed that you can sync IKE to EWS in PA soft?

Basically I need to make sure IKE and EWS 3.3. are matching first before I attempt to code the second hand EWS 4.3.

Any help will be appreciate. I have Dis V57, Dis SSS v32, INPA, NCS Expert, and BMW Scanner PA Soft 1.4.