Thread: Sharkfest Registration is open. Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the E31 April 25-28

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85

Sharkfest Registration is open. Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the E31 April 25-28

Sharkfest 2019 has extended a special invitation to all E31 owners tocelebrate the 30th Anniversary of the release of the E31 at Sharkfest 2019. Kai and the gang at Sharkfest do anoutstanding job and have asked us to join them this year for this special anniversary.

The dates are April 25 - 28, 2019.

This will be a great event, and fellow E31 ownerswho have attended in the past have had a lot of fun and say it is a wonderfulevent. If you want to wring out your 8,this year on Friday there is the opportunity to drive it on the Michelin Test track.

There will be the Sharkfest Concours, withspecial classes for the E31. Shine 'emup and get them ready for some GREAT South Carolina Sharkfest hospitality!

Registration is now open. Here is the link for more information and registration: https://www.bmwsharkfest.org/

We hope to see you there.

CSi #18 - Car & Driver Magazine 1994 actual test car
    -- Hellrot/Black-Gray (1 of 1 NA CSi color combination)
    BMWCCA E31 Chapter International Clubs Liaison
    North America Representative, 8er.or Board of Directors

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    I want to encourage everyone who can to come to this event! I went last year, and had a great time. This truly is a great group, and even though it started as a 6 series event, they really welcome all BMWs. Last year we had ten or eleven 8 series cars at Sharkfest, and they were very glad to see such a good turnout. This year I'd love to see us double or even triple that number! Registration has only been open for one day, and there are already four 8 series cars registered. Plus, there will be the opportunity to drive your 8er on the Michelin test track. How cool is that? Having had the chance to run my 850 on the track at Watkins Glen several years ago, I can tell you the answer is 'pretty cool'. The number of cars on the track at any one time will be limited to only one or two, so it will be a fun and safe event. Let's have a really good showing this year.
    Mike Barrett
    94 850CSi, Hellrot over silbergrau dunkel/silbergrau hell
    96 850Ci, Oxfordgrun over silbergrau hell

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    6 8's registered so far. I know more are coming from off board discussions. Make sure you register as there is Spring Fling that weekend in Spartanburg and there will be some competition for hotel rooms. Kai and the gang have their block, so make sure you get one of the rooms.

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    I just received a note from the Sharkfest organizers stating: be advised our room block at the Marriott is rapidly filling up. If you plan on attending, I would suggest making your room reservations sooner rather than later. There is a lot going in in Spartanburg that weekend, so if you don't get one of the blocked rooms, you may be searching far and wide for a room.

Hope to see a lot of E31's there!

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    I received this update today saying that the rooms are almost gone; they are trying to get more added, but if you are considering going, I'd book it NOW (and I strongly urge you to go -- it's going to be a great time!). There are 9 E31s registered, and a couple of E31/E24 owners who say they are bringing their E24 -- we need to convince them to bring their 8ers.

"SESF 2019 ROOM UPDATES

Hotel Information and Reservations:
    We're outta rooms. Thursday evening has only one room left in our block, so I've initiated a request to open up a few more. That being said, the hotel is almost guaranteed to be fully committed this weekend due to the downtown Spring Fling event. Do not wait to reserve your rooms - our rates are significantly lower than the standard rate also include breakfast."

Let's make this a great 8 event!
    Mike Barrett

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    Here is the latest update - Kai was able to get a few more rooms, so if you are wanting to go but not yet pulled the trigger on a room, I would recommend doing so sooner rather than later.

Here is more information from the website (bmwsharkfest.org):
    This Year at Southeast Sharkfest
    Michelin Engineering & Services Test Track in Laurens, South Carolina

Join us to celebrate all that is "Big Coupe" during the 17th anniversary of Southeast Sharkfest! We will be returning to Spartanburg, South Carolina. This year we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the 8-series chassis and our Saturday concours will include a "E31 30th Anniversary Best in Show" award. The primary display area will be available for all e24’s, e31’s and e9’s; however – as has always been our philosophy – all registered BMW’s that do not fall into the primary categories will still be included and displayed (and eligible for the peoples choice and crusty award).

Our Friday group drive will take us to the Michelin test track in Laurens, SC where (for an additional fee) we will have access to their two-mile road course, generally used for vehicle testing. Should our attendence be high enough, we will also be renting the "wet" course, where we will have the opportunity to have some fun with some less than ideal traction.

Our HistorySoutheast Sharkfest began as an annual, weekend-long BMW gathering, focused primary on one of BMW's most beautiful, classic automobiles: The BMW 6 series. With a production run of 13 years, the 6-series was the premier touring coupe of the 1980's (produced from 1976 to 1989). The 6 series body was offered in various forms ranging from the original carbureted 630Cs to the M6 and M635CSi supercars (of their time). The full e24 model lineup includes the 628CSi, 630Cs, 633CSi, 635CSi, L6, M6 and Euro M635CSi. In 2004, the 6-series was re-introduced with all the form and function of a modern luxury vehicle. With a sexy redesign for 2013, the modern iteration of the big coupe is still produced to this day.

In 2014, Southeast Sharkfest was happy to welcome into the fold the e9 CS and e31 8-Series and introduced specific judging classes for these chassis. The event allows owners of these rare and beautiful vehicles to gather in an atmosphere of common interest and discuss all things BMW (and many things not). In previous years, we have incorporated vintage motorcycles and some amazing examples of BMW's finest and most historic designs. Again, though we are historically "six-centric," registration is open to ALL models of BMW's - we are - and will continue to be - wholly non-exclusive.

Basic Registration Fees

Basic Registration fees for the 2019 event are as follows:
    $100 - Primary car and single adult driver.
    $100 - Additional Adult: (13 and older).
    $35 - Additional child passengers under 13 years old.
    Registration fees cover all Southeast Sharkfest events (excluding Michelin test track runs) and dinner on Saturday.. As anyone who has ever been to a SESF event can attest to, when we're able, we add as much as possible above and beyond the skeleton format to increase the value of the event (drinks, additional meals, etc). We are a zero-profit enterprise and aside from covering costs, none of the Directors are paid - all the money returns to the event.

Michelin Test Track Runs

Come experience what your BMW automobile is all about. Our group drive on Friday morning will conclude at the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds where we will have four hours using their two-mile road course. Their tracks are designed with safety as the utmost concern and have significant run-offs as well as soft protective barriers. We will only be permitting one to two cars on the track at a time, so you will be able to drive at your own pace.
    As an added bonus, if we get more than 50 registrants for the Friday event, we will also have the "wet" track available to us to allow us for some fun in less than ideal traction conditions.Date: 4/26/2019
    Time: TBD
    Cost: $75/per person
    Includes: 4 hours of as many laps as you can get through.
    You must be registered for Southeast Sharkfest to register for this event. Registration for this event is limited, so sign up early to secure your spot. Note: This event will be conducted at your own risk. Any damage to vehicles will be the sole responsibility of the owner.

Lodging

Primary Hotel Information
    Marriott, Spartanburg, SC
    Spartanburg Marriott
    299 North Church Street
    Spartanburg, SC 29306
    Discounted Sharkfest Rate: $137/night
    (Includes internet, covered parking and breakfast for two)

ALL ROOMS MUST BE BOOKED BY APRIL 5TH - AFTER THAT WE LOSE OUR BLOCK AND RATES WILL INCREASE!
    The hotel has put on hold 40 rooms on Thursday (4/26) and 60 rooms on Friday (4/27) and Saturday (4/28). We will only have slight flexibility to increase our block as it fills up (and that is completely dependent on whether the hotel has additional availability or not)! Please make your reservations as soon as possible to help us manage our room inventory and make sure you get a spot at this beautiful facility!
    If you have any questions or problems making a reservation, please email kai@bmwsharkfest.org.

SESF Clothing and Apparel

Southeast Sharkfest apparel and accessories will be available for order during your advanced online registration process. If you purchase during your registration, you will receive all items when you arrive and check-in. If you do not pre-order, shirts will be available only in VERY limited quantities and sizes at the event, and will be at a higher cost.
    We will also be making available the Southeast Sharkfest Polo, with a beautiful stitched SESF logo on the breast.
    Cost:
    T-Shirt - $25
    Polo Shirt - $45

2009 Awards... Nay, Award Art - Courtesy of Phil Parkey and Parkey Organbuilders

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    13 8's are registered so far. Kai expects a total of between 70 - 80 cars, mostly scattered between E9's, 6's and 8's. Anyone close try to join everyone. This will be a great east coast event.

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85
    Don't forget to register - looks like a great weekend with all going on in addition to Sharkfest!

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    Okay, we have 13 E31's registered, plus two M850i's and a Z8. By all accounts, this is the best E31 showing at any Sharkfest, ever.

But we can do better!

It's just over a month away, and promises to be a great time! When was the last time you had the chance to drive your 8er on a racetrack -- in a low threat environment? (Only one or two cars on the track at a time). Not to mention a chance to put faces to the names you've seen on the forum? Let's get a few more committed to going -- I mean, if I can convince my wife to go, convincing the rest of you should be simple. LOL.
    Mike Barrett

My Cars
    BMWs:74 3.0 CS, 97 840Ci
    I just add one more e31 to the attendance list. Look forward to seeing y'all there.

Gary Knox
    Last edited by Gary Knox; 03-19-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    Gary Knox

'97 BMW 840 Ci
    '03 MB SL55 AMG
    '07 Mini Cooper S hatchback
    '09 Aston Martin DB9 Volante
    '13 Audi A8
    '90 MB 560 SEC and '94 Porsche 928 GTS recently departed but long enjoyed
    50 or so others over the past 70 years of driving

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85

Registration closes Saturday, April 6th.

16 E31's registered so far!

Hotel registration ends Friday, April 5th.

Shine 'em up and Sign 'em up! To sign up, go here: https://bmwsharkfest.org/#/SoutheastSharkfest2019/e30 and click the REGISTRATION tab.

Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by rogbmw; 04-04-2019 at 08:33 AM.