Hi Guys.

When I 1st got my X5 3 years back I noticed the headlights sweep up and down on startup when it was dark and easy to see. I had 1 bulb fail and I replaced all bulbs with Philips Blue bulbs. I noticed after a while it doesn't happen anymore on both sides.

Did I accidentally unplug/knock something when changing the bulbs? They were a bugger to get in and was banging around a bit to get the bulb in. Are there connectors outside of the main housing to look out for? recent MOT test said lights were low and they couldnt adjust it at all. Even using white screws seems to have no effect!
My car is a 7 seater with Halogen bulbs, not Xenon. The switch controlling the height adjustment next to the headlight switch has no effect either. I was wondering if the type of bulbs would play with the system, should i go back to stock standard halogen bulbs. I also thought a fuse might be the issue, but cant find a blown fuse. Fuse board doesn't seem to indicate a fuse for the headlight level system. I have no warning from the car either. Rear suspension level sensors appear fine and the cars ride height is at the back is fine, meaning that appears in order. Been told to look for front suspension sensor but I think this is for Xenon system and cant find anything either.

car is 2009 x5 e70, 3.0d 7 seater with halogen setup.

Any further ideas welcomed.

Thanks