Thread: If you have a Racetech RT4119HRW (Wide & Tall) installed in your car please chime in

My Cars
    E46 330 ZHP, E36 328i

If you have a Racetech RT4119HRW (Wide & Tall) installed in your car please chime in

I Race with BMW in I-Sport (E36 M3 close to stock) and crashed it in turn #2 at Mosport (100 mph) and all is good with my health but I do not like what I saw on the in-car video. I'm looking to upgrade my seat to a model that has bracing at the shoulders.

I'm looking for someone in the New England area that has the Wide and Tall version of that seat installed (or not) in their track, race or drift car so I can try it on for fit. It's an expensive seat and dealers in the area do not keep them on display. I'm 6'1'' at 220lbs mostly around the waist...

With the Canadian dollar exchange rate and taxes this will be a $2.5K investment and I would like to have some sort of an idea that I will be comfortable in it before I order one.

Aluminium seats are basically not allowed so Racetech is the only choice that comes pre-drilled for the shoulder brace.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Franky goes; 02-25-2019 at 08:39 PM.

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    We have the RT4009HRWT in our cars (the previous version)... absolutely love them. I'm 5'11" 225 lbs, and my teammate is 6'1" 215 lbs (with tall upper torso), and these work great for our sizes. Much prefer them to the Sparco Pro2000 we have in the other car, but of course this might not help you ... sitting in them is for sure a better way to buy a seat, but we went with dimensions and compared what would work for us.

Btw, my turn 2 Mosport crash is exactly the same reason we bought these ... in the vid, my head snapped WAY too to the side for my liking in the 3/4 hit, and clearly the HANS did nothing to help that (it's not meant to).
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    '99 M3 '10 X5 35d '02 M3
    What are your measurements? I am 6'3" 275lbs with very wide shoulders and most of my height in my torso. While the seat fit my height well (edit - referring to the RT4119HRW) , I found that the shoulder area pinched my shoulders too much. It was much better than the OMP HRC-R XL but still not a good option for me.
    Last edited by BlackHawkRacing; 01-22-2019 at 09:30 AM.

My Cars
    E46 330 ZHP, E36 328i
    I'm 6'1'' and 220lbs.
    I updated the first post.
    I'm re-sending this to the top with the hope that someone has that seat installed in the area.
    Failing that I will order and send back if it does not fit.
    Thank you.