RM European Auto Parts

Thread: E70 diesel drivetrain damaged after towing

My Cars
    2013 X5 Diesel

E70 diesel drivetrain damaged after towing

Hello All
    I got my 2013 e70 diesel towed recently by flatbed tow truck (due to complete dead battery). Tow truck driver used skates under back wheels only to pull the car to bed, since the couldn't be started he wasn't able to put car in the nutral. After replacing battery i started to experience knocking noise from the front left side, only during hard acceleration, after reaching 90 km/h it disappears. Went to dealer they said it's an front left axle, they replaced it noise was still present. After that they disconnected front wheels by removing the shaft, in 'RWD mode' noise was still there. Dealer saying next step would be to replace servo motor of the transfer case. The only time noise wasn't there then was really could about -15. After start driving (engine was warmed up) i couldn't trigger the noise for about 10 minutes or so, but after that it came back again. I think It has something to do with component which has an oil inside, since viscosity changes due to low temperature it caused noise to go away until drive line was back to operational temperature. Is there any suggestions guys? I can't keep replacing parts just hoping it will fix the problem they are too pricey.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    I thought about the transfer case actuator motor being damaged by towing I wonder if the tow truck driver tried to put a jumper on the dead battery to get the car in to neautral. Have thenremoce and inspect the motor