Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering low 58K mile 07 525 like new as daily driver - incl some pics-advice pls

My Cars
    88 M6,89 325ix, 72 STAG
    So far...

I’ve put just shy of 1000 miles on it.

A couple of unexpected items plus other updates...

I love the car. Drive’s really awesome. Odly now that I own one I realize I barely see E60’s in my South Florida area. Even my 10 year old son (who loves BMW’s and cars in general) asked me why he doesn’t see any others. Usually I experience the opposite and start to see a car everywhere. I think I’ve seen 2 others of which one I believe was an M5.

The unexpected items.
    It was sometimes slow to crank. Started but after pressing the start button randomly it was occasionally slow on crank. Item One: I thought maybe the 3 year and 1 month old Bosch battery was the culprit so I had that replaced for a new one. Happily even though it was one month past the full warranty they replaced it at no charge. Still randomly slow on crank. My Indy suggested it was the starter. Actually, he gauranteed it to be the starter. Item Two: I went ahead and had both the starter and solenoid along with the aluminum bolts replaced with new NOT refurbished OEM Bosch unit. Also replaced the 6 rubber intake gasket rings. Turns out the Indy was correct, it no longer randomly cranks slow.

Expected items.
    Had the PCV valve recal completed at the BMW dealer (my doors used to unlock when I took the key fob out but no longer after this service was done. They did have to disconnect the electrical, wonder why my locks react differently. They say its not an option. I know for a fact all the doors unlocked once I took the fob out...)
    Full allignment done (new tire where done in the first weekend, figured best to do it)
    The original rear break pads where a little thin. Had them and sensors replaced at my Indy. The rotters where in perfect order.

What is being done next week at the Indy Shop:
    Most recent software flash for all systems plus see if I can reclaim my doors automunlocking when removing the fob.
    Oil Filter gasket (should I not use the BMW gasket? Is there better? Someone suggested Viton?)
    Valve cover gasket plus putting in new NGK spark plugs while in there (should I not use the BMW gasket? Is there better?)
    Serpentine belt tensioner and idler pully will be replaced.

What will still remain outstanding on my agenda:
    Transmission service to replace the filter pan, ZF fluid, gaskets and sleeves.

After this I beleive and hope that I will have bulet proofed the car for a while.

Max
    Regards

Max
    ---------------
    88 BMW M6 60,000 original Miles or 97,000KM's (Canadian spec example)
    89 BMW 325ix Dinan Turbo 69000 original Miles
    72 Triumph STAG 37000 original Miles

My Cars
    e30, e61
    The door unlock can be coded through the CAS module. I think it's called ER_Keyout_autovr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12