Thread: Looking to buy my first BMW

My Cars
    2015 Subaru wrx

Looking to buy my first BMW

I currently drive a Subaru wrx and looking to trade for an M3 manual. Anyone,who was on the same boat and now drives an m3 or any BMW sedan, wants to share their experience. Is the rumor about 2020 m3 having awd option true? I apologized, I have very little knowledge of BMW. Thanks.

My Cars
    2018 BMW 430i
    I've driven a manual my whole life, and love them, but its getting harder and harder to find one. When I looked online at the BMWs, they listed cars as manual, but were "dual clutch" automatics (not really the same). I finally found a 430i with a manual transmission, and I love it. If you're looking for pre-owned, remember to ask if it is a true manual or a dual clutch before wasting your time.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanrott View Post
    I currently drive a Subaru wrx and looking to trade for an M3 manual. Anyone,who was on the same boat and now drives an m3 or any BMW sedan, wants to share their experience. Is the rumor about 2020 m3 having awd option true? I apologized, I have very little knowledge of BMW. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum! I have not heard this awd m3 rumor, but wouldn't put it past BMW to come up with a version. The Suby is a different beast, the handling of a bmw is different but also tight like the wrx...it's kind of difficult to compare the 2. Which m3 platform are you look at? Brand new? E90? E46? - that also makes a big difference. Let us know some more details and I'm sure members will chime in with their experiences.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2011 BMW X5 Diesel
    Get a manual while you can. I happen to know a dealer selling a black/black 2019 manual M4 with competition package. They are discounting is as well. (message me for the dealer name as I don't want to advertise anyone) I do not trust BMW to stick a manual in the new M3, due to the fact that they are dropping it in the new 3 series, and did from the M5....something I thought they would never do. Buy a manual and watch it hold its value 2x better then the automatic version and 10x more decades from now. (E46 M3 SMG vs manual and E30 manual vs auto are great examples)

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Word is the M3 (sedan) will come in 3 flavors. “Pure” will be RWD with a manual. The other 2 flavors will be AWD with an automatic transmission. Each flavor will have a different amount of horsepower with Pure having the lowest number of ponies. However that’ll be bout 400hp, no slouch.