Thread: Need Cruise Control Delete Wiring Removal Advice

My Cars
    94 325ic, 08 X3 3.0si

Need Cruise Control Delete Wiring Removal Advice

Hello guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone here knew how to remove the wiring completely for the cruise control. I did a manual swap and the cruise control is now useless and want to delete it completely. To make it function, I believe I'd have to wire it into the ews and get a clutch safety switch and the connection for it as well. I know I could just remove the unit and stalk, but I don't want the uncovered connection just hanging in the engine bay and get a bunch of debris in it. Also I really can't stand cruise control and just want it gone but all still perfectly intact, so if I wanted to reinstall it again for some reason, I could. So if anyone can give me a hand explaining the wiring and how to remove it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

My Cars
    1997 BMW E36 323i
    This is the other way around (how to install cruise control), but it should give you enough info on how to delete it:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...l-M3-with-pics!

Good luck!

P.S. Personally I like the cruise control (manual 323i) on longer trips IF the roads aren't that busy of course. The M52 has enough power to keep speeds stable, even with the many hills here. Also nice to prevent speed tickets (especially when I used to live in the Netherlands, where they are very fanatic to give you a big ticket if you drive 103 kilometer per hour instead of 100 km/h; virtually no speed checks out here on the island, so that's a great improvement ).

1997 E36 BMW 323i
    (European) 275k km (171k miles), with following small mods:

My Cars
    94 325ic, 08 X3 3.0si
    Quote Originally Posted by ed323i View Post
    This is the other way around (how to install cruise control), but it should give you enough info on how to delete it:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...l-M3-with-pics!

Good luck!

P.S. Personally I like the cruise control (manual 323i) on longer trips IF the roads aren't that busy of course. The M52 has enough power to keep speeds stable, even with the many hills here. Also nice to prevent speed tickets (especially when I used to live in the Netherlands, where they are very fanatic to give you a big ticket if you drive 103 kilometer per hour instead of 100 km/h; virtually no speed checks out here on the island, so that's a great improvement ).
    Thank you for the help. I'll have to read into more detail later when I'm not at work. My car is a 4/94 production model so I'm obviously OBDI and I believe EWS1 as well. Would that change anything?