BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1997 BMW 328i (Sport Model) - SD Cali

My Cars
    97 328i Convertible

Sold! 1997 BMW 328i (Sport Model) - SD Cali

Asking for $4,000 for the car and $2,000 for the top ($6,000 as complete w/ all accessories). Black exterior, grey interior, all original with no aftermarket modifications.

Details and history of the car:

• 5 speed manual transmission, sport package (includes all painted spoilers, side skirts and sport suspension).
    • Around 180k miles
    • All paperwork and documentation available back to the original window sticker and original owner receipts from the dealership for purchase and all maintenance.
      • I can include the repair manual with documentation.

• I’m the 3rd owner –
      • First owner it was his 8th car only used for wine tasting on the weekends in California, my dad bought at around 40k if I remember correctly
      • Second was my dad in Washington and only driven on sunny days (he drove his truck on rainy days), sold to me at around 80k
      • I’ve only used it for commuting back and forth to work and a couple of weekend trips, Camry used on the weekends for grocery runs. Back seat only used once or twice in it’s life…

• Hard top is sold separately and is in like new condition other than the headliner needing to be re-glued. Top comes with stand and fabric cover for storage.
      • Hard top is genuine BMW, paint matched. My dad purchased it in San Francisco and only used it a handful of times, I put it on for the last year and a half to protect original soft top while stored under carport.
      • When the hard top is used I’ve gotten up to 32mpg due to increased aero dynamics. Typical mpg on my commute is 27 – 29 with cruise control on.

• Original power soft top in good shape, clear plastic rear window and everything works to make it go up and down.
    • I also have the BMW wind screen to cut down on the wind when the top is down.
    • Genuine BMW cover used when parked outside and stored in a garage at night for most of its life, currently under a carport with minimal exposure.
    • Cover broke an internal part on the antenna, new sport (short) antenna included but will need the metal part it screws into. Just haven’t had time to order and install part but it is an easy fix.
    • Paint is in good condition, regularly washed and detailed. One scratch on drivers rear quarter panel a couple inches long (thanks to my wife…), I have OEM touch up paint to cover up.
    • Crack free dash, rest of interior in good to great condition (no tears, stains or major wear). Driver’s door panel does have some bubbling near arm rest which can be fixed.
    • Front headlights were recently polished and resealed to look like new.
    • Fog lights are in working condition but need new glass covers, common problem with glass fog lights on this model.
    • There is an airbag light on, came on when I moved the passenger seat all the way forward to clean rear seat area. I think a connection came loose under the seat, I have the original BMW airbag reset tool to clear light.
    • Tires have lots of tread left Yokohama w/ 70k mile warrantee, I think I’ve put 30k on but they look like new still.
    • Recent cooling system maintenance with new radiator, water pump and all belts/hoses. Thermostat housing changed over to metal instead of OEM plastic when owned by my dad. Water pump also has metal impeller rather than OEM plastic.
    • Oil changed every 7-10k miles with only Mobil 1 0w-20 synthetic since new, air filter and spark plugs routinely changed.
    • Brakes are in good condition, front rotors and all pads replaced not too many miles ago.
    • No check engine codes.
    • Starts up and sounds great with a low rumble and idles steady.
    • Only selling because of move out of country

I would prefer to offer the hard top to the purchaser of the car first but if not interested they sell very quickly because not many were made or are in this good of condition.

Pictures:
    https://photos.app.*******/xayp7kRWcTjxnUwh7
    Last edited by chainbrain01; 01-27-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Sold

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer
    Link to pics does not Work.
    Lets get the party started before it's my bedtime.

My Cars
    97 328i Convertible

My Cars
    X5 328i 325iT Z3
    Very nice convertible! The hard top is a must have!
    BMW fleet...
    2023 X5 4.0Xi
    2012 F650GS
    2007 F650GS
    2006 F650GS
    2002 325iT
    1999 Z3
    2003 530i (son's car)
    1996 318ti (son's car)

Departed BMWs...2011 328i...2009 328i...2001 325i...1998 328is...1997 328is...1997 328Ti...

My Cars
    97 328i Convertible
    Thanks! It's been a great car. And completely agree, the hard top just makes it that much better. I love the lines of the car with the hard top on too.