Thread: NYC roads on BMW suspension

My Cars
    95 325i Sedan, 01 325Ci

NYC roads on BMW suspension

Good evening all,

I thought you might get a good laugh out of this. I have a 01 325ci , 5speed, hard top with factory sport suspension. The last few months over the summer, i though I might need to replace my suspension from the weird bouncing feeling. I took a long trip and drove to tampa. Drove straight from nyc to duram with 1 stop for gas. it was fun until i pass DC. the roads got better from DC to Richmond. After richmond the road was like a flat sheet of paper. I was doing 120, took my hands off the wheel and it did not even made a move. As if it was standing still. It was awesome. I had this car for over 8 years and never got to really open her up. I spend the nite at Durham and i drove the next day to Tampa. That was even a better ride. I was cruising 100-120 and got 24mpg. Now I want something even faster, M3. I drove a bunch of bmw from e90 to present and i do not like any of them. It do not have the bmw feel. I was looking for a convertible, but I drive too dam fast and can't deal with the noise. sorry for the rant. The point is that I though i needed to replace my suspension, but it was due to super shitty roads.
    I do love my bmw which not often in life that puts a smirk on my face with abundance of happiness. You know what I am talking about.

Enjoy Bimmer lovers

My Cars
    03M3 17M540 18A5SB

AAAAND, this is why people drive SUVs.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilwrap View Post
    Good evening all,

I thought you might get a good laugh out of this. I have a 01 325ci , 5speed, hard top with factory sport suspension. The last few months over the summer, i though I might need to replace my suspension from the weird bouncing feeling. I took a long trip and drove to tampa. Drove straight from nyc to duram with 1 stop for gas. it was fun until i pass DC. the roads got better from DC to Richmond. After richmond the road was like a flat sheet of paper. I was doing 120, took my hands off the wheel and it did not even made a move. As if it was standing still. It was awesome. I had this car for over 8 years and never got to really open her up. I spend the nite at Durham and i drove the next day to Tampa. That was even a better ride. I was cruising 100-120 and got 24mpg. Now I want something even faster, M3. I drove a bunch of bmw from e90 to present and i do not like any of them. It do not have the bmw feel. I was looking for a convertible, but I drive too dam fast and can't deal with the noise. sorry for the rant. The point is that I though i needed to replace my suspension, but it was due to super shitty roads.
    I do love my bmw which not often in life that puts a smirk on my face with abundance of happiness. You know what I am talking about.

Enjoy Bimmer lovers
    With the exception of the X6M (what's not to like about 600hp? Well the ride sux) bad roads is one reason. PS...I drive an E46 M3 convertible (affordable on the used car market...keep looking!) and anew 540M. The 540 is ok even on bad roads with run flat tires.

My Cars
    2004 325XI/2008 GL320
    Just for clarification, you were going 120mph on a public road with your hands off of the wheel?

My Cars
    95 325i Sedan, 01 325Ci
    I would not confirm or deny. it was 4:30am. Not a soul around.

My Cars
    2004 325XI/2008 GL320
    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilwrap View Post
    I would not confirm or deny. it was 4:30am. Not a soul around.
    All it takes is one unforseen pot hole for you to no longer have a soul.

Seriously, be smart and safe. Even though the car can go those speeds, the roads aren't made for it. Killing yourself or a others isn't worth being 5 minutes early.