Thread: BMW e46 Tans? Keeps Going to Neutral (Slipping?) THIS SUCKS!!!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323ci

BMW e46 Tans? Keeps Going to Neutral (Slipping?) THIS SUCKS!!!

Have a 2000 323ci Automatic and its been a wonderful car up until a few months ago. Car had been shifting rough for a few weeks. Now when I start the car it may go into gear and drive for a mile or so but eventually will slip out of gear and seem to go into neutral. The only way i can get it to go back into gear and drive is to put the car in park. shut the car off. disconnect than reconnect the battery. For some reason this will allow the car to start driving again. But after another mile the car will go back into neutral while driving or usually the first stop i come to it will either barely move or not move at all.

I have tried for weeks to get a solution or someone with a similar experience but have found nothing. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Also, i know its probably bad to drive the car in this condition but in my current situation its the only vehicle we have for the time being. I hope to get the car back to its previous performance bcuz it feels and drive better than most other cars i've drove that are practically new.

Thanks Again!!!

My Cars
    2000 E46 328i
    Check the state of your transmission fluid (fluid level and color of the oil). Also, scan the transmission computer for codes that might give a clue about what's up.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    +1 Absolutely!