Thread: Is it legal...

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT

Is it legal...

...here to ask who's going to buy the TT on BAT?!!
    and no it's not going to be me.
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 01-12-2019 at 12:28 AM.

My Cars
    Had a 1991 BMW 850

Not Me

Going to go out today and start pulling the transmission on my 850i

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Not me either, one is enough. I cringe everytime i look on BAT, as the comments from the keyboard experts are sometimes tough to bear.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    The car is so crazy cheap right now with under 3 days to go... its the divorce lawyer that would be the expensive part for me. I'd sell my Camaro and daily this TT. No way it stays this low... no way...

-JRW

Glacier Blue 1991 Dinan 8 | Chasis CB73392 | 1 of 50 Produced
    Built for PGA Pro Mark Calcavecchia
    Twin Turbo 5.0L V12 w/ Air-to-Air Intercoolers
    525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    I'm buying lotto tickets today!
    1993 850Ci.....18 years & 165,000 miles and counting!

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Quote Originally Posted by XTREMETUNING View Post
    The car is so crazy cheap right now with under 3 days to go... its the divorce lawyer that would be the expensive part for me. I'd sell my Camaro and daily this TT. No way it stays this low... no way...

-JRW
    wierd deal eh? I don't know BAT system, newbie there. I hope there is a reserve? It's going to leave a scar if this car goes to the wrong person at the wrong price.

My Cars
    94 Euro BMW 850CSi 892
    There is a reserve and usually bidding starts to pick up on the final hours and minutes, going into overtime. You should watch it. It's exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by TTTXGreg View Post
    wierd deal eh? I don't know BAT system, newbie there. I hope there is a reserve? It's going to leave a scar if this car goes to the wrong person at the wrong price.
    Board Member of SoCalEights (Marketing, Web Development & Social Media), Vice President: BMWCCA/E31 Chapter, www.cartiologyfilms.com
    Current E31s:
    1997 BMW 840Ci Black on Beige. CSI 62, 107 and 16. Euro-CSi #892.
    Client Represented E31s (Cartiology Films)
    1994 BMW 850CSi #11 USA, 1994 BMW 850CSi #31 USA, 1994 BMW 850CSi #58 USA
    93-850Ci - manual 6 speed. 97-850Ci - M73 Steptronic. 94-CSi 125, 95-CSi 162 Daytona Violet, CSi 198 White on Red
    Past E31s:
    1991 BMW 850i. Calypso Red on Beige Nappa and 1995 BMW 840Ci. Bright Red on Beige Nappa
    1997 BMW 840Ci. Black On Black Nappa, but changed to Dakar Yellow on Black Nappa and 1994 BMW 850CSi #27. Red On light Silver.
    1991 BMW 850i. Automatic. Red On Black and 1996 BMW 850Ci. Automatic. Midnight Blue on Gray.
    1994 BMW 850CSi. Black On Blak #107, Black/Black 97-840. White/White CSi. Silver/Silver 97-840

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    E31's have done very well on BaT in the past with a low mileage 6-speed going for almost $40k and a Dinan 6.0L Stroker hitting $50k. With less than 24 hours to go in this auction, its certainly been a disappointment. I would expect this car (3ok miles, twin turbos) to go for $35k-$50k but unless bidding really ramps up, we'll be lucky to hit $25k.

Problems with the car/auction:
    - Its the first week of January... not the time to sell.
    - Wheels... The stock 16's need to go. Just about any classy 17's or 18's would be a huge improvement.
    - Issues... Seat twist, rear emblems, roundels, MID, etc ... easy and inexpensive fixes that should have been addressed before trying to sell.
    - Interior... The interior looks really worn for the mileage. It really need to be cleaned/detailed/refreshed.
    - Color Combo... Might catch hell here, but I don't think this is an overly desirable color combination.
    - Early Production... This was one of, if not the first Dinan TT produced, so it doesn't have all of the options. It's also not overly well documented in the auction.

Due to the reserve, no one is going to steal this car. I think addressing the above would really help this car sell for a decent price.

-JRW

525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    91 850i x2, 92 850i 6sp
    If this goes for under 25k then I might not be able to not scratch that itch, if the reserve allows. Would have to instantly sell my other 2.

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Cartio View Post
    There is a reserve and usually bidding starts to pick up on the final hours and minutes, going into overtime. You should watch it. It's exciting.
    I'm in there! Emails are rolling. Alec-Thanks for all of your contributions to this family. -G

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    E31's have done very well on BaT in the past with a low mileage 6-speed going for almost $40k and a Dinan 6.0L Stroker hitting $50k. With less than 24 hours to go in this auction, its certainly been a disappointment. I would expect this car (3ok miles, twin turbos) to go for $35k-$50k but unless bidding really ramps up, we'll be lucky to hit $25k.

Problems with the car/auction:
    - Its the first week of January... not the time to sell.
    - Wheels... The stock 16's need to go. Just about any classy 17's or 18's would be a huge improvement.
    - Issues... Seat twist, rear emblems, roundels, MID, etc ... easy and inexpensive fixes that should have been addressed before trying to sell.
    - Interior... The interior looks really worn for the mileage. It really need to be cleaned/detailed/refreshed.
    - Color Combo... Might catch hell here, but I don't think this is an overly desirable color combination.
    - Early Production... This was one of, if not the first Dinan TT produced, so it doesn't have all of the options. It's also not overly well documented in the auction.

Due to the reserve, no one is going to steal this car. I think addressing the above would really help this car sell for a decent price.

-JRW
    I agree on every point. I don't understand why the car was not "prepped" for sale. At least the emblem and debadge it. The other stuff is standard. I have never purchased one that didn't require 1 or 2k to iron various things out. Every purchaser should expect this. IMO this low mileage is good and bad. Bad side is nothing has been "carressed" or used enough. Hopefully the new owner understands these cars and has the facilities to give it the final TLC it needs. Shake the gremlins so to say! Great car, very rare, I think bidding has a long way to go before I would let it go. 8 value is rising fast. Especially the rare ones. And this is one of them.
    edit- I remember this car listed many years ago and did not meet reserve. It was the same deal though- just not alot of enthusiasm or preparation in the presentation.
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 01-14-2019 at 01:36 PM.

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    I agree on every point. I don't understand why the car was not "prepped" for sale. At least the emblem and debadge it. The other stuff is standard. I have never purchased one that didn't require 1 or 2k to iron various things out. Every purchaser should expect this. IMO this low mileage is good and bad. Bad side is nothing has been "carressed" or used enough. Hopefully the new owner understands these cars and has the facilities to give it the final TLC it needs. Shake the gremlins so to say! Great car, very rare, I think bidding has a long way to go before I would let it go. 8 value is rising fast. Especially the rare ones. And this is one of them.
    edit- I remember this car listed many years ago and did not meet reserve. It was the same deal though- just not alot of enthusiasm or preparation in the presentation.
    I forgot to point out that it also has a past accident in its history which never helps. At least it hit $30k in the 11th hour... hope it keeps going and finds a new owner.

-JRW

525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    91 850i x2, 92 850i 6sp
    That was fun

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Stole it! I hope the buyer finds their way here to BF. Looking forward to a owners report/comments.

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    Stole it! I hope the buyer finds their way here to BF. Looking forward to a owners report/comments.
    What do you think would be an appropriate price? The owner will probably have to put in $3k-$5k if you include a new set of wheels and tires with takes it well past $40k.

-JRW

525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    What do you think would be an appropriate price? The owner will probably have to put in $3k-$5k if you include a new set of wheels and tires with takes it well past $40k.

-JRW
    I was thinking 40-43k and agree on the 3-5k that will need spent to refresh wheels/tires/suspension. Rare cars and in consideration of what CSi's have done in recent times, I was thinking it was a fair guess.