Thread: Randy Forbes Kit installed in Florida?

My Cars
    09 M6 / 11 Q5 / 99 M3

Randy Forbes Kit installed in Florida?

Hi...Has anyone had the RF kit installed in Florida? If so, which shop and how much did you pay?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Call Andrew Congelton at
    Tuning Dynamics
    2848 Grand Blvd
    Holiday, Florida 34690
    (813) 489-4101

He's taking up my slack while I recover (3-wks post op tomorrow__open heart surgery__I needed a valve job).

My Cars
    00 M Roadster 17 Cayman
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Randy!

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by spfd72 View Post
    Thank you! I'm doing my best!!

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by spfd72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Thank you! I'm doing my best!!
    Good news Randy! Hope all of your previous experience will result in a quick and lasting recovery.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    1998 Z3, 2.8; 2000 328Ci
    Wish you the best for a speedy recovery. I am mustering up courage to get your kit done in the near future. Nothing wrong with my M52 2.8, but am toying with forced induction down the road. Separately, did you train the folks at Tuning Dynamics?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by aba4430 View Post
    Wish you the best for a speedy recovery. I am mustering up courage to get your kit done in the near future. Nothing wrong with my M52 2.8, but am toying with forced induction down the road. Separately, did you train the folks at Tuning Dynamics?
    Thanks!

No, other than supplying the installation instructions, same as everyone else gets. They had done a couple of cars before I moved here, and Andrew offered to cover for me until I can come out swinging again.

My Cars
    1998 Z3, 2.8; 2000 328Ci
    OK, thanks. I did call and speak with Andrew at Tuning Dynamics yesterday. He was patient and took the time to speak with me and gave me an idea of base prices for the Z3, and also went on to let me know beyond the base service, if I wanted ala carte services (bushings, single vs. dual ear covers etc.), it would add to the base price. I also asked him about possibly getting my E46 rear end reinforced. They keep Turner plates in stock and do the E46's as well. Appreciate the lead, and wish you well.
    Last edited by aba4430; 10-06-2019 at 07:18 AM.

My Cars
    Coupe
    OK, thanks. I did call and speak with Andrew at Tuning Dynamics yesterday. He was patient and took the time to speak with me and gave me an idea of base prices for the Z3, and also went on to let me know beyond the base service, if I wanted ala carte services (bushings, single vs. dual ear covers etc.), it would add to the base price. I also asked him about possibly getting my E46 rear end reinforced. They keep Turner plates in stock and do the E46's as well. Appreciate the lead, and wish you well.
    What's their labor charge for the base install?

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    I've know Andrew at least ten (>10) years now; he was a barely (very early) 20s-something when we met, and he gained my instant respect as a person that had figured out what he wanted to do with his life and further to the point, how to accomplish it. Here's this "kid" (easily 30 yrs my junior) already running a BMW Tuning and repair shop. Within another couple of years, he had taken over an old Mazda dealership (showroom & 20+ service bays!) and was making a go at it. I know he's moved the shop since then, and I'm only guessing that it was to downsize the monthly rent outlay.

When I say he instantly earned my respect, what I really meant was that I was jealous as hell**

** Put in perspective: by the time I met Andrew, I did not want to be responsible for the livelihoods of a dozen employees, but had I the balls to take the risks he did at his early age, my earnings over the years would look a lot different than they do today. As a fifty yo (now just 2 mos from 65) I am quite content to only have to worry about my own performance satisfying a customer. He's definitely a role model, and I'm honored to consider him a friend. I am glad that you had a good conversation with him, as it is what I had hoped for an outcome.