Thread: 1982 EURO 323i barn find

My Cars
    320i

1982 EURO 323i barn find

I have two cars that I acquired as projects from another forum member. Both were actually left in a barn for about 10 years. Last registration was 1998 and 2004-yes CA registered with CARB and on non-op. I am considering selling one to fund the other. Not officially for sale to the public yet, only on offer to this forum and it's members. I don't want to hassle with CL and eBay flakes right now.

PICTURES ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE DEPICTION BUT SHOW AS RECEIVED, I FIND IT INTERESTING TO SHOW, THEY ARE IN A MUCH BETTER STATE NOW. (pics courtesy of PO and you know who you are, thanks.)

#1 CAR: White and blue CA plate #2 beginning series. Originally Rubenrot Red but was painted Polaris and has a small rear impact on the driver side. 5 speed, no sunroof, comfort seat interior Car; had a bad head gasket as received however it did run with fresh gas. Recent work includes new top end of motor. rebuilt head, water pump, timing belt & tensioner, T-stat, master and slave cylinders, and gaskets of course. All the torn-down parts where cleaned and blasted and/or painted. Engine looks newish and runs like it. The piston bores are still factory spec at 79.9mm and still show the factory cross hatch hone pattern. Miles are KM around 186K. It cold starts,runs, stops(went through the calipers by lubing and replacing front pads) and is streetable-have traveled on the highway at speed, but will need more work as typical of any old car, but you could drive it home. Lot's more details and picture to discuss over the phone to serious parties.

#2 CAR: 7 digit Blue and yellow plate CA registration with import date around same as when new. Conclusion is likely imported when it was still in it's first year of production. Still sitting since I received it. Originally a dark metallic gray, but had been poorly prepped for paint and now sits in primer with surface rust. The bumpers are a little tweaked with surface rust. It cranks when a battery is connected but no attempt to start it has been made. Engine oil looks clean and everything is intact, I just focused on the other one first. Its a sun roof car with a Recaro Sport interior that is really nice, no rips. Has a few interesting additions like BBS front and rear spoilers and 13" Sport basket weave rims, plus was told it has an Alpina suspension meaning shocks and springs at the least. Take that for what it's worth. I have not looked into it further however the ride height is lower and VERY stiff.

Neither car has power steering, or a dog-leg 5 speed. NOT parting.

Leave a PM with phone number and I'll call/text you to discuss and send pictures. We can talk money later but keep in mind the lowest I would consider on either is $5K. Please, I'm not available to just shoot the breeze about German cars and back in the day topics. These are cool cars and have a lot of uniqueness being a gray market car, enough said.

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blacky77; 01-11-2019 at 02:42 PM.

My Cars
    '78 320i
    That is so exciting man. I just found a Baur that has been sitting for 25 years now. Last tagged in 94. Finds like yours are exhilarating. Can't wait for more photos.

My Cars
    320i
    As of last week on steelies so I could drive it, but will be sold with 13" Mahle basket weaves.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blacky77; 01-11-2019 at 03:11 PM.

My Cars
    1980 e21, 1985 323i
    very nice: Were you able to see if it had any other alpina parts?
    jm

My Cars
    320i
    Literally, the car has not moved or been touched-much, since the tow truck dropped it off. working on several other cars so that one is under a cover (indoors) waiting patiently.
    Last edited by blacky77; 01-11-2019 at 07:08 PM.