Thread: I'm done... Oil Consumption test ... is PHOOEY!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 750 Li XDrive

Post I'm done... Oil Consumption test ... is PHOOEY!

Hello My favorite BMW news Peeps,
    Just wanted to update on my Oil Consumption Test result, 3/4 of a liter of oil burned disqualifying my car from any further talks of engine work or replacement because i was not able to drive normally due to a problematic left front CV Axle, which I think was the dagger that killed the test for me. NOW prior to this test, Jan 2018 BMW offered to replace any N63 burning a quart or more of oil for a mere $3700. Our SA would not relay this to us especially those whom were on extended warranties such as myself. My car was barely getting through a month without me adding 1 - 2 quarts or Liters at $9.50 a bottle oil. So my friends as a Disabled Vet, I am exhausted with BMW, I truly think it's time to let go... of my 12 750Li Xdrive,... I've had both turbo's replace, entire valve stem work done, the recall for the injectors replaced then repaired due to mechanic not installing an injector properly... Oh, coolant pump replaced, radiator, transfer case, and recently the driver side CV axle, front control arms both left and right and wheel bearings twice due to a young Mech's blunder. Now , rear Differential mount and Bushings are cracked as per a TSB from a few years ago and my Engine Mounts have been bad per multiple visits to the dealer, asking to ID the clunking and knocking noise in and of the front end also the smell of exhaust and maybe brake fluid is coming through the vents! Well $23,185.07 in warranty repairs later, wth most of that being labor ????? car still a dump truck on a sedan body. great on a 500 mile road trip but adding oil along the way is not happiness... So, I've contacted BMWNA, gave them the 411 on my situation the cost, repairs, and out of pocket expenses by "Yours truly". I'm praying for a Happy Ending! If you're thinking of buying between the years 09-12. maybe 13, Make sure you have a great mechanic on speed dial because you'll need it. This Disabled Veteran has had enough for now... It's bad when a car you bought for your wife scares her to drive these days!

Good Luck guys on the Oil Consumption, although it is a great road car, it like sending your kids to college on YOU. I'll keep you all posted

My Cars
    2001 525it
    BMW as definetly been building crap engines for a number of years now. They should be embarrassed. Freaking turbos have been around since World War Two, you would think they could design it right. I don't even know how the service advisors deal with these cars, a lot of aspirin or alcohol.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 750 Li XDrive
    Think they should pass the bottle Jclausen. Heard from BMWNA... this is the nmessage, " Unfortunately due to the miles on your car and the fact that there is a CLASS ACtion, Bang Vs BMWNA", please pursue the class action for we hear at BMW NA can't offer any assistance at this time!" What a CROCK-O-DILE... However, moving on with an attorney. Then a new NON - BMW 750LI.. My Sister has the same car and My sister in Law has the 14 740Li... she say no problems with the 6 cylinder, maybe I'll engine downsize but like others I'm thinking A HYUNDAI... Lol!

My Cars
    2001 525it
    The 6 cylinder would be much less complicated. Lucky I don't have to deal with these cars at the dealer level.