Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vintage 2019

My Cars
    1984 633Csi,1988 535IS, 2000MRdastr,1973 914 Porsc

The Vintage 2019

Hi All;

Anyone else register for the Vintage yet. I registered on 1/1/ 2019. And yes Dirk I registered the E 32 not the E 24!! Looking forward to see many friends again.

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    If my e32 is ready by then I will go! I need to finish my 6-speed swap

My Cars
    1993 750il,1994 740i 5sp
    I have registered as well. Looking forward to this event and meeting up with everyone once again. Current list now is comprises of two E32's.
    It would be nice to have a caravan of E32's driving up I-95 from Florida.

-Abdullah

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    I am going to make every effort to join the E32 group this year. I have some things to straighten out on my 735 though.

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    I hope I can make it this year ! Marissa isn’t sure if she can get school and work off so it’s still up in the air
    Me E30 87/ 325i + F25 12/ M-Sport + E32 94/ 740i

G/F’s E34 92/ 525iT + F48 18/ X1

My Cars
    09/87 E32 750iL
    Now I'm registered as well.

Bob, for some reason your registration is showing the E24. I read in another post that you're keeping the E32. Does that mean that the other project fell through?

Cory, I bought a souvenir for you in Munich. So, you better come to The Vintage.

youngbimmer, your car already knows the way to Hot Springs. As long as the car drives and stops properly you should come.

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    Quote Originally Posted by kce1900 View Post
    Now I'm registered as well.

Bob, for some reason your registration is showing the E24. I read in another post that you're keeping the E32. Does that mean that the other project fell through?

Cory, I bought a souvenir for you in Munich. So, you better come to The Vintage.

youngbimmer, your car already knows the way to Hot Springs. As long as the car drives and stops properly you should come.
    I have what feels like an awful shimmy at 50-55mph that I need to cure first, unless that's not indication my suspension will fall apart mid drive.

My Cars
    81 Scirocco-92 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by youngbimmer View Post
    I have what feels like an awful shimmy at 50-55mph that I need to cure first, unless that's not indication my suspension will fall apart mid drive.
    It won't come apart buuuut the only way to get rid of the shimmy is to do your control arms. I'll be trying to make it to the vintage as well. Where is everyone staying? Is there an E32 clubhouse for the event? If so, I am VERY interested.

My Cars
    09/87 E32 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by vwleadfoot View Post
    I'll be trying to make it to the vintage as well. Where is everyone staying? Is there an E32 clubhouse for the event? If so, I am VERY interested.
    Would be very nice to see you again. Would your wife be coming too? There might be some Diesels on the field as well.

We're all staying in different places. Last year, Abdul and I were very close to the Clarion, others were a bit further away. On Saturday morning we drove in a convoy from the Clarion to Hot Springs so we could park together. In the evening we had a private E32 pizza party. Not exactly a clubhouse, but close enough.

My Cars
    Dirk;
    As I said to Jeff this is the 3rd time I tried to change my registration from the 6'er to the 730i and the registration never lets me. Yes I am keeping the E 32 for now but I have received several good offers lately. Yes I did go ahead with the purchase of the 1971 Triumph Stag.

I expect to stay at the same house I rented last year and will be having the Saturday night Pizza and beer party!! You can call it a club house. I expect Joanne to attend this year and my friend Rick will stay at his cabin in Highlands and drive over.

My Cars
    1989 BMW 735i
    We've considered it, but ours is in no shape for public viewing.😂
    He's still a crusty old man, but he's getting better.
    In the last year he's had his front control arm and A arm bushings replaced , as well as his subfame bushings. So now he rides without sounding like a troll is trying to beat his way through the floor pan, and the dreaded speed wobble is gone.
    Hopefully, he'll be ready for display by 2020.

My Cars
    Dear Tarpon Hunter

If you are worried about your car not being "worthy" of being displayed DON"T BE! This is not a car show. This a gathering of like minded BMW aficionado's who own 650 BMW's getting together to eat drink and talk BMW's.

There is no such thing as a car not worthy of the event. If it drives and can make the trip it is worthy! My suggestion is you go to the Vintage website and look at the video's and the photo's. . . I promise you will see many cars you would deem "unworthy" whose owners are having a great time. Who knows you might win the tongue in cheek crusty award.

My Cars
    1989 BMW 735i
    Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    Dear Tarpon Hunter

If you are worried about your car not being "worthy" of being displayed DON"T BE! This is not a car show. This a gathering of like minded BMW aficionado's who own 650 BMW's getting together to eat drink and talk BMW's.

There is no such thing as a car not worthy of the event. If it drives and can make the trip it is worthy! My suggestion is you go to the Vintage website and look at the video's and the photo's. . . I promise you will see many cars you would deem "unworthy" whose owners are having a great time. Who knows you might win the tongue in cheek crusty award.
    Thanks Zieg
    You've certainly given us something to think about. My co-driver (wife) and I will see what we can work out with our schedules.
    I didn't look in depth to see, but do you have an idea of roughly what the room rates will be, so we can plan accordingly?
    If that works out and we can get Ed's throttle and cooling issues worked out, we'll likely see you there for at least Friday and Saturday.

My Cars
    I don't stay at the Host Hotel which is fully booked anyway. I rent an AirBNB in the next town. I suggest you go to the Vintage website and see what other local hotels are available. Hope this works out for you would look forward to meeting you there.

My Cars
    81 Scirocco-92 750il
    Does anyone know if there is RV parking available somewhere near the grounds? I'd like to bring my 40 footer with a trailer behind it if possible.

My Cars
    09/87 E32 750iL
    There is a camping site right across from the field in Hot Springs. The event's website (www.atthevintage.com) has links.

Being not so far from the host hotel (Clarion) has the advantage that you can enjoy the parking lot parties on Friday and Saturday evening. The hotel lot will be >90% vintage BMWs with lots of people talking and drinking beer. The hotel usually provides a hose so that people can wash their cars. Others might be wrenching. On my first or second vintage I saw someone with a proper floor jack who had the brakes apart.

For those who are wondering where to stay: just go to your favorite travel web site and look for accommodation near the Asheville Airport. That's close to the host hotel.

My Cars
    81 Scirocco-92 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by kce1900 View Post
    There is a camping site right across from the field in Hot Springs. The event's website (www.atthevintage.com) has links.

Being not so far from the host hotel (Clarion) has the advantage that you can enjoy the parking lot parties on Friday and Saturday evening. The hotel lot will be >90% vintage BMWs with lots of people talking and drinking beer. The hotel usually provides a hose so that people can wash their cars. Others might be wrenching. On my first or second vintage I saw someone with a proper floor jack who had the brakes apart.

For those who are wondering where to stay: just go to your favorite travel web site and look for accommodation near the Asheville Airport. That's close to the host hotel.
    I'm registered for the show and on the waiting list for the Clarion. Still considering whether to camp in the RV or reserve a room at another nearby hotel. Are any of the e32 folks staying local to hot springs?

My Cars
    1991 BMW 750il.

My Cars
    1993 750il,1994 740i 5sp
    So it looks like we are up to 5 confirmed E32's registered for the Vintage Yay. We need more though! There is a total of 432 vehicles registered so far.

vwleadfoot, try to get close to the host hotel. That is where all the action is as everyone gathers there leading up to Saturdays drive to Hot Springs.
    I have rented a cabin about 10 miles East of the Clarion this time around vs across the street last year. There is the camp grounds across the street from the field in Hot Springs as Dirk mentioned previously. They have RV slots usually available. The year before last my wife and I pitched a tent there but its about 25 mile trek back to the Clarion.

Youngbimmer have you registered yet for the Vintage? Hopefully you got your shimmy resolved. Love to see that 735 next to my 750

Cory, have you and Marissa figured out your schedules yet?

When we get closer to May we should start a text group going for quicker communication & planning!

My Cars
    '88 735i, '06 RSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulish View Post
    So it looks like we are up to 5 confirmed E32's registered for the Vintage Yay. We need more though! There is a total of 432 vehicles registered so far.

vwleadfoot, try to get close to the host hotel. That is where all the action is as everyone gathers there leading up to Saturdays drive to Hot Springs.
    I have rented a cabin about 10 miles East of the Clarion this time around vs across the street last year. There is the camp grounds across the street from the field in Hot Springs as Dirk mentioned previously. They have RV slots usually available. The year before last my wife and I pitched a tent there but its about 25 mile trek back to the Clarion.

Youngbimmer have you registered yet for the Vintage? Hopefully you got your shimmy resolved. Love to see that 735 next to my 750

Cory, have you and Marissa figured out your schedules yet?

When we get closer to May we should start a text group going for quicker communication & planning!
    I may be in Lebanon during this time unfortunately, my parents are insisting I go and find myself a wife and take of other family matters over there. Still up in the air

My Cars
    81 Scirocco-92 750il
    I'd also like to add that anyone coming from the north is welcome to use my house as a crash pad and we'll head out friday morning for NC. I'm located in Southern MD about an hour south of the dc beltway...California, MD 20619 zip. I also have a large shop for en route repairs as needed.

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    Yes we are 100% going to the show ! I need to register still, hopefully you guys will still allow us to hang out we are bringing Marissas new e30 I’m almost done with it! Finishing wet sanding

My Cars
    09/87 E32 750iL
    Good, so Marissa is coming with her E30, and you're driving your E32. That's wonderful. Or did "bringing" mean that you will tow this car behind your E32? Since it's freshly painted it surely deserves to travel in an enclosed trailer.

mercedes-truck-with-bmw-cars-ad-600x306.jpg
    Translation: Even a Mercedes can bring driving pleasure.

My Cars
    Cory no matter what you drive you and Melissa are always welcome. Joanne and I booked a different cottage in Henderson. We really like the Henderson downtown area. See you all soon. Travel safe!

My Cars
    E30/E32/F25
    Hahah dirk !!!! Unfortunately just the one car this year, we’d like to bring two but we enjoy the ride together. I’m surprised those bmws made it to the dealer haha !!!

Bob looking forward to another pizza party ! Marissa wants to know if this cottage has horses?! Haha
    Last edited by e30luv318i; 02-24-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast