Thread: Vista BMW Dealership wrecked my car

My Cars
    M6

Vista BMW Dealership wrecked my car

Unfortunately like the title says Vista BMW dealership wrecked my car. The tech who was driving from my understand is good, had a couple of scrapes and bruises. It's a 14' M6 with the competition package. Service was doing a test drive after supposedly fixing the drivetrain malfunction issue. I say supposedly because that's not the first time I brought it to that location for that same reason. Issue reappeared and I brought it to another BMW location which I would never go back(that's another short story for a different time). I was supposed to get my car late Xmas week. No call so I'm assumed issue was still not resolved. That following week I get a call from my service advisor(I would've thought the GM would be one making the call... I'm guessing that issue wasn't deemed worthy enough for him to call). My car was involved in an accident. Apparently the service guy was heading north and a vehicle in the left turning lane cut across the street and when they realized a vehicle was approaching them, they stopped. To avoid an accident the service tech went right, hop the sidewalk and into a tree. I believe he was speeding. The damage to vehicle shows it. To make the situation worst, I literally just installed over 12000 in carbon fiber parts and rims which is now ruined the night and morning before I dropped the vehicle off and that same 12k if not more is probably how much the value of the vehicle will drop once it hits my carfax. I finally got my car to look how I wanted and this happens. Yes I know it's only materialistic but a lot of blood sweat and tears went into that materialistic thing. Still in the beginning stage waiting to see how BMW will rectify the issue. Right now I'm in a loaner which is my only transportation. If anyone can advise what i can expect that's been in a similar situation or know someone who has and should i get my lawyer involved. Thanks in advance.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    I think you are doing right by waiting to see how they will handle it. Maybe talk to an attorney, but I wouldn't take the aggressive approach until it's clear you are not going to be happy with what you want.

What do you expect to happen? Whats going to be fair and make you happy?
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    M6

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MauiM3Mania View Post
    I think you are doing right by waiting to see how they will handle it. Maybe talk to an attorney, but I wouldn't take the aggressive approach until it's clear you are not going to be happy with what you want.

What do you expect to happen? Whats going to be fair and make you happy?
    Thank you. That's pretty much what I'm doing. My first concern when I arrived was to make sure the driver was ok. Materials can be replaced, Accidents happen. I would expect them to pay the vehicle off, reimbursed me for my property and put me in a new car with the same interest rate if not lower.... a discount would be amicable for the inconvenience. That car was my only means of transportation.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Well when I worked at the dealer the car i was handling fell off the rack the rack was all the way up the whole drivers side was smashed and the roof had bends in it. When I called the customer to tell them what had happen she ask me if I was calling from a radio station like it was a joke, which I said I which it was not, but your car is now totaled and stay in our loaner car until every thing is taken care of. My gm could have cared less about the whole thing

My Cars
    M6
    Quote Originally Posted by jclausen View Post
    Well when I worked at the dealer the car i was handling fell off the rack the rack was all the way up the whole drivers side was smashed and the roof had bends in it. When I called the customer to tell them what had happen she ask me if I was calling from a radio station like it was a joke, which I said I which it was not, but your car is now totaled and stay in our loaner car until every thing is taken care of. My gm could have cared less about the whole thing
    Lol "radio station" maybe not enough cars fell off for him to care. That's why people are sometime not fond of big corporations.. so big they don't really care

My Cars
    2001 525it
    He was just a an a hole in general.

My Cars
    m5s
    Quote Originally Posted by M6KnightRider View Post
    should i get my lawyer involved.
    This is the person you should be seeking advice from in this situation. Also consider deleting this thread.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    If someone else was driving your car and wrecked it ... what would you expect to happen? Insurance will pay to fix it or total it. Pretty sure this is not the first time this happens and I doubt it will be the last.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    M6

Part 2 of Vista BMW Coconut creek wrecked my BMW

I apologize for the grammatical errors in advance.

This is by far the worst experience I?ve ever had with a company and moving forward I would never do any type of business with this company or BMW. It?s not bad enough I lost over 12k worth of brand new parts on my car and 4-6k unusable parts because I don?t have the car anymore?It?s not bad enough they wrecked my car because of the negligence of their technician which I know was speeding based on the damage done to my vehicle. If you?re making a right turn that?s less than a 100 feet away and a car that?s in your line of site that?s crossing into your lane should be avoidable unless your speed was exceeding the speed limit. Fast fwd almost 3 months If it wasn?t for my insurance contacting them they would not have even opened a claim (side note Zurich adjuster should be fired. Doesn?t respond to emails or calls) and after I decided to go through my insurance because they were offering more money to the finance company to help pay off the vehicle, they were ready to kick me out the loaner before the ink could even dry off the check. All they were worried about was me putting miles on their precious car. I wish they put that much value in my vehicle?. Maybe I would still have it today. The process is still on going. Gap hasn?t finish their portion and I am without a vehicle. Unfortunately I didn?t have rental reimbursement so I have to pay for a rental vehicle out of my pockets. I blame myself for being understanding and they used that to walk over me. In short stay clear or you could be the next victim.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    That's a huge dealer. I would think they'd be able to suck up the cost of a totaled vehicle without being a-holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    That's a huge dealer. I would think they'd be able to suck up the cost of a totaled vehicle without being a-holes.
    You would think so. No accountability at all. I guess when you're as big as Vista everybody and everything else are like ants and they're the boot.

My Cars
    z3
    You need to talk to a lawyer. You should not have to pay out of pocket rental costs for a car the dealership who crashed your car provided you.

The dealership wants to get away with helping you as little as possible. Bring an aggressive lawyer with you who isnt going to let them walk all over you. Dealerships have insurance. You should be able to get your car back and I imagine the aftermarket CF parts they damaged you should also be able to reimbursed for.

If you roll over, they will kick you. You need to fight.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    97 528, 95 525, 03 525
    LAWYER UP AND SUE FOR EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. This is a no brainer.