Hi All,

New to the forum so thanks for having me.

I have 2 issues on my F31 320d that I cannot solve, can anyone please help?

1. The rear brake pad wear indicator light came on at the start of December the night before a 800 mile round trip, I had no choice but to live with it for that weekend and took it to my local garage (not BMW) the following week where they changed rear pads and disks. When I picked up the car the warning light was still on, the garage had tried to turn it off with an OBD tool as well as checking the new sensor cable twice. they asked to me to drive the car a little and see if the result changed, nothing has changed. I bought another sensor cable which was fitted yesterday and again the light remains. to try and verify the fault I took the old cable and spliced it together in the hope that would read okay but still the light remains. When I reset the code via OBD the warning light comes straight back on, what am I missing here?

2. This is a strange one.....My phone connects to the bluetooth system fine and under media you can see it's connected however under telephone it shows I need to add a device. The phone works for making calls and receiving them and all the information is there but when I go to phonebook or messages it shows as no bluetooth device connected. I have checked every fuse for the idrive system and completed a software update via BMW but it's still the same. The issue appeared back in October and I've tried several different phones. When pairing the phone it immediately asks for contact and messaging permissions and then confirms connected for call, media and messages but the idrive just hangs on connecting until eventually telling me the connection has failed even though the phone is connected. Any ideas?

It's driving me mad! Hopefully someone can help.