Thread: New Battery/ALTERNATOR/CLUTCH, BUT BATTERY WARNING LIGHT COMES ON??

My Cars
    '99 M3

New Battery/ALTERNATOR/CLUTCH, BUT BATTERY WARNING LIGHT COMES ON??

I just finished the clutch and took the car to work, but on the way all the lights sarted to dim and I lost all power. I pulled over and chaulked it up to a shitty alternator.

So I had the car towed back to the house and changed thealternator, but I noticed that my 2 week old Optima red top needed jumps, and would not hold a charge.

I took the battery back to Sam's and they said that it has a bed cell. So I got a new one.

Came back and put the battery in the car and started her up. I am getting a CEL. I drove the car around for a bit and then the battery light came on again.

A friend is comming over later with a code reader, but if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know.
    TEC-3R, T4 GT40, WISECO, EAGLE, SUPERTECH, O-RING'D "FRANKENSTEIN" STROKER.

My Cars
    M3Saloon 325iC 525iT
    Quote Originally Posted by trthrrt489
    I just finished the clutch and took the car to work, but on the way all the lights sarted to dim and I lost all power. I pulled over and chaulked it up to a shitty alternator.

So I had the car towed back to the house and changed thealternator, but I noticed that my 2 week old Optima red top needed jumps, and would not hold a charge.

I took the battery back to Sam's and they said that it has a bed cell. So I got a new one.

Came back and put the battery in the car and started her up. I am getting a CEL. I drove the car around for a bit and then the battery light came on again.

A friend is comming over later with a code reader, but if anyone has had a similar problem please let me know.
    Did you find the culprit? I'm having similar issues.
    /// Technique Tuning Stage 2 Powered /// Auto-to-Manual swap / CES Cut Ring / M50 Manifold / NGKs / VPD Oil Cooler / Aquamist / Zionsville Alloy Radiator / Fan RESTORE - SPAL DELETE/ AA Turbo Clutch / AA Lwt Flywheel / AA DSB / GC Track COs / Motorforce Camber Plates / Strong Strut / UUC Evo III / UUC RSC36 / UUC Swaybarbarians / UUC TMEs / JTD Underpanel / VDO Gauges / PLX M500 / Greddy Profec II / ZKWs / CATZ HIDs / Euro Clears / Blanton 2.93LSD Diff - Uli race proven / Radowski Diff Brace / ALL DIY!