Thread: New Year's Drive

My Cars
    2002 Z3 3.0L roadster

New Year's Drive

HAPPY NEW YEAR......to all members and their families! Well with that being said, thought I would take the Z out for one last drive of 2018. Believe me that's no easy task for last December in Idaho, but the winter so far has been mild. I didn't drive too far from home base about 68mi. one way, but did hit a light dusting at higher level. That was where I slowed my ass down, not knowing if the rear end would break loose in the tight curves. Question: was I suppose to drive in the ADB mode, or activate the DSC for that type of driving?? TIA

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    Now is a fine time to ask.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3 freak View Post
    HAPPY NEW YEAR......to all members and their families! Well with that being said, thought I would take the Z out for one last drive of 2018. Believe me that's no easy task for last December in Idaho, but the winter so far has been mild. I didn't drive too far from home base about 68mi. one way, but did hit a light dusting at higher level. That was where I slowed my ass down, not knowing if the rear end would break loose in the tight curves. Question: was I suppose to drive in the ADB mode, or activate the DSC for that type of driving?? TIA
    Not sure what you mean by "drive in ADB mode", but when you first turn on your car all of the nannies are turned on. I (mostly) drive that way on public roads and would make sure they are all on if I found myself on sketchy roads.

Oh, and Happy New Year to you too.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.