Thread: X3 New and improved

My Cars
    2010 X3

X3 New and improved

Just wanted to post that I recently replaced my fuel filter (in tank) on a 2010 e83 with 75k.... And the improvement was fantastic! Much peppier, more light on its feet, just better in general.

I took it to the dealer because they quoted me $325 to do the job, which I thought was reasonable. But, when I got there they doubled the price on me and had to order the part. However, for the inconvenience they set my transmission to adaptation mode.

I ended up ordering the filter and having a friend help me do it. Not bad, but it was really helpful to have someone with more experience around to figure out orientation and gas flow.

I bought this car with 69k on it and replaced Plugs, coils, transmission fluid, diff fluid, transfer case fluid, etc. None of that had been done. I didn't really notice much with those changes, but the fuel filter was amazingly improved. The fuel that came out of it was black with junk.

The only thing I still want to do is Walnut blast the intake.

When I removed the second air filter in the top of the intake box, that made a nice little improvement too. So I expect another incremental improvement here.

Overall, this car is a fun, peppy vehicle. When I first got it it wasn't bad, just felt sluggish. It wasn't like a normal BMW feel, more like a Mercedes feel. The first third of the gas pedal was mush, now it actually accelerates through that range!

Anyway, just sharing some good news, I know there's lots of problems that people have, but mine are few, and I love this car a lot!
    Last edited by Carlman; 12-30-2018 at 09:31 AM.