Thread: BMW driving class for Teens

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i Xdrive

BMW driving class for Teens

Hello,

I am thinking about sending my son (18 years old) for the 1 day BMW driving class for teens in Thermal CA. He is driving now for a year and can clearly benefit from a driving class. Reviews seems to be good, however cost is high. Does anyone knows if they have promotion and how I can find more info about that?

Thx Ron

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by zingman View Post
    Hello,

I am thinking about sending my son (18 years old) for the 1 day BMW driving class for teens in Thermal CA. He is driving now for a year and can clearly benefit from a driving class. Reviews seems to be good, however cost is high. Does anyone knows if they have promotion and how I can find more info about that?

Thx Ron
    Are you talking about the Street Survival class (http://streetsurvival.org/)? Seems like a great deal for less than $100. One accident will cost you MUCH more and could even save a life. The training will teach your teen about car control and accident avoidance. This is really a great deal.
    Last edited by khammack; 12-30-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    2019 BMW 440i Xdrive
    I was referring to the 1 day Teen driving school at https://bmwperformancecenter.com/sch...mw#teen-school. It is about $850 for the class. I will look into the one you have listed. Thank you for your answer!

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by zingman View Post
    I was referring to the 1 day Teen driving school at https://bmwperformancecenter.com/sch...mw#teen-school. It is about $850 for the class. I will look into the one you have listed. Thank you for your answer!
    It looks this class is how to drive on the track. The Street Survival class is for teens who need to learn how to control their car on the road. Their web page imply that they will provide a car for your teen to drive while the Street Survival class encourages the teen to do the class in the car they would be driving on the street. Street Survival is usually on a large parking lot and focuses on real world situations. Both BMWCCA and SCCA put on the Street Survival Class.

Full disclosure: I am a Street Survival Instructor for Rocky Mountain Division of SCCA.
    Last edited by khammack; 01-01-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    Street Survival is the best money you can spend to help keep your kid safe while doing the thing that kills more teens than anything else: driving. And he will have a lot of fun too. Sent both my kids, and my wife too (CCA chapters run a similar event for drivers over 18).