Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hmm ... bushings were not cause of seat wobble. Is there an obvious next step?

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    The saga continues ... the saga of this d@mn seat ...

Thanks for reminding me of the part numbers for those clips. I'm going to order those.

In addition to that though, I found another failure point. It's a pivot point in the seat and there was some serious rocking going on in that pivot point. It's some sort of giant rivet structure thing. I drilled it out and found a very specifically shaped copper washer in the middle. The other arm has a smaller hole which is the one that has worn out. I think the copper washer also has some wear on it.

I am going hunting for a bolt today to fill out the space which will hopefully allow me to tighten this up.

Maybe one of the PO's was 350lbs ... maybe I am just extremely unlucky.... maybe all z3 seats do this and people just don't notice, but holy crap!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

My Cars
    2K Z3 2.8
    OK ... drilled out that giant rivet, enlarged the smaller hole, found a bolt ... stuck copper washers in there... yadda yadda yadda.

I made my own front bushings from aluminum. They were back ordered and had to be ordered from germany. 3-5 weeks to get them here. I passed.

I stripped the entire seat yesterday in order to get at the back of the seatbelt guide. I ordered and OEM one. If I'm doing it - I may as well do it right.

Added a layer of foam to the bottom of the seat and glued it.

Man the hours going into this seat ... it better be comfy and not rock!
    Zed's dead baby. Zed's dead.

My Cars
    02 LSB Z3M Coupe
    Damn. I appreciate your attention to detail. That seat better be solid!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12