Thread: Help please

My Cars
    E36

Help please

Ok guys my brother passed away about 7 months ago. He was in the mix of putting a 98 328i motor in a 95 326i. He had got the motor swapped over and installed. What is left is the intake manifold, Secondary air pump, throttle body and all the wires like vanos knock sensors I have no idea which 1s go to which. I have mechanical experience just lost with this last few parts. Has anyone ever done this. I need help on which intake manifold goes to the car and what connectors go where. Can anyone help.

My Cars
    z3
    The easiest thing to do without having someone knowledgable there is to probe the DME plug and the various sensor plugs. Many of those plugs will fit multiple spots so the easiest way to ensure its right the first time is to probe the DME for a specific sensor then probe all the harnesses until you find that one. Label it and set it aside. You will also need to know which engine harness he used and find the wiring diagram for the correct model

The diagrams are available here: https://bimmertips.com/bmw-e36-wirin...-pdf-download/

Intake manifold you can use either - you will get enthusiast cred if you use the M50 manifold as it has larger diameter runners. The only real difference between the M52 and M50 manifold as far as fitment is the CCV setup and some of those associated vacuum hoses/ICV. Both can be made to work on either engine
    Throttle body I would just use the one from the intake manifold you end up installing

SAP is pretty simple too, but I would just delete it personally... it can be disabled in the tune and they make delete plates for the port. Just plug the vacuum ports for it if you go that route. Otherwise, there is a vacuum line you have to run from the intake to the SAP valve on the exhaust side of the engine towards the head. On that engine I believe it runs through a hardline which has it's own little bracket that runs in front of the head.

Sorry to hear about your brother, if you need any further help feel free to ask

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!