Hi
Have a 2006 530xi with 54k
Radio does not shut off always when I turn the engine off nor do i get the key sound/icon on the dash. I have to turn the key so the electronics turn on and then off.
I did do the sun visor vanity mirror and sure enough the key registers but have not had the radio act up in order to try the visor approach.

My way of starting the car is with the diamond shaped remote with traditional key in the ignition. According to my last 7 on the vin I am supposed to change the ignition switch for cars with comfort access. Thought that was for push ignition systems.
Should I replace the cable (ribbon) for the ignition along with the switch? If so where do I start? Cant find anything on the tube or any diagrams

Also

I am having a lower idle. Sometimes it dips below 500, car shakes like it going to die then settles back. Doesn't do it often but enough to bother me and make me stare at the idle at red lights.
Code came for cam shaft sensors, so had both replaced. There was no lights on when the problem was diagnosed. I went in after brake job, transmission sleeve leakage and oil change so returned to have the address the idle issue. Seemed like it helped for a couple days.
No vacuum leaks

Could it be possible that the idle issue has to do with the ignition switch since it seems to effect lots of other electronics in the vehicle?

thanks for any help from you guys