BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1998 M3 swapped 328i

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i

1998 M3 swapped 328i

I'm posting a feeler for my car. Ive owned it over 6 years now and I love it to death. It is temperamental as any e36 owner knows though, and at this point id rather have a street bike.

In the 6 years I've owned the car I've done just about everything short of a turbo kit. The car started as a 1998 328i with a manual. Mileage on the body and odometer sits at 200k right now. I have swapped in an S52 with 150k miles. Prior to the engine swap, i rebuilt the S52 from the headgasket up. The head was professionally rebuilt by a local machine shop that my buddy and forum member Rajicase recommended. During this time I also installed a new clutch and lightweight flywheel while the engine was out. Since the engine swap I have put 20k miles on the car and the drivetrain has never missed a beat.

The front and rear suspension is also fully M3 swapped. Literally everything from the king pins to the struts, the brakes, sway bars, trailing arms, etc its all upgraded M3 stuff. The car currently has new offset poly bushings in the front control arms and in the rear diff. New front tie rods, new meyle hd control arms, new swapped strut mounts for front camber. Koni shocks with tein lowering springs. I have swapped in a 3.23 lsd unit from an M3 and during this swap I removed the entire rear subframe and welded in the chassis reinforcements.

I have put a ton of time and work into this car. Also recently rebuilt the entire AC system. Removed all the lines, flushed them, installed a rebuilt compressor, new dryer, new pressure switch, new orings on everything. AC system is rock solid. Front tires are brand new Pirelli's with less than 100 miles on them. Head liner was professionally reupholstered with new padding.

Exhaust is a custom 3 inch piece that I fabricated. It screams. No catalytic converter currently but one could be added. The car is tuned with sap delete and rear o2/cat delete so no check engine light for it.

Few issues with this car: parking brake has been removed. It was broken and i haven't had a chance to fix it yet. Drivers side window guides are bent so the driver window pops out if you roll it down. One of the rims in the back is mismatched. I got too close to a curb and hit it just right and cracked a rim. So its riding on my spare rim with a questionable tire. One of the headlight ballasts is damaged so only one of the hid headlights work.

I'm sure im forgetting a ton. I have a binder of receipts and service documents. Many new parts on this car.

Looking for $5500 obo

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    M5, M Coupe, E70D, LRD2
    Sending you a PM

My Cars
    09 toyota venza
    Is this still available?