Thread: Starting Problems

My Cars
    1988 Bmw 325is

Starting Problems

So I have a 1988 325is and i have had a problem where it wont start it just cranks and cranks, it has fuel, spark, air, the essentials. However, when the car doesn't start i will often just pull start it with another vehicle, it will start right up when it is pulled started, I've done a lot of research and thought it was my crank position sensor, soon after replacing it the same thing happened again, after that i bought all new spark plugs and spark plug wires and got a new distributor but that was not a solution to the problem, i have a few theories of what it could be like low pressure in the fuel system. i am hoping one of you guys could hopefully give me some advice. Thanks for reading and i hope to hear your response!

My Cars
    99 M3
    Have you measured fuel pressure and injector output volume?

Battery health?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbagman View Post
    So I have a 1988 325is and i have had a problem where it wont start it just cranks and cranks, it has fuel, spark, air, the essentials. However, when the car doesn't start i will often just pull start it with another vehicle, it will start right up when it is pulled started, I've done a lot of research and thought it was my crank position sensor, soon after replacing it the same thing happened again, after that i bought all new spark plugs and spark plug wires and got a new distributor but that was not a solution to the problem, i have a few theories of what it could be like low pressure in the fuel system. i am hoping one of you guys could hopefully give me some advice. Thanks for reading and i hope to hear your response!
    check the battery

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    if it cranks and cranks, then probably not the battery.

I would think fuel pressure also but you need a gauge to check
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    1988 Bmw 325is
    i have put a new battery in it about 4 months ago so i don't think that's the problem