Thread: Will an ESS twin screw for E46 323 it under hood of Z3 M52TUB25?

My Cars
    '00 z3 2.5L & '98 740iL

Will an ESS twin screw for E46 323 fit under hood of Z3 M52TUB25?

it's all right there in the title... i've been looking at the VF supercharger kit, but would love to know if the twin screw below would fit under the hood of a Z3 2.3 (with M52TUB25).

the thing looks pretty big. i would expect potential issues around the alternator and maybe interference around brake reservoir, steering column...

https://www.kmdtuning.com/bmw/3-seri...roduct_id=5155

the SW is another question... i have already asked in the FI forum, but wanted to post here just in case anyone knew.
    Cheers,
    Phil

My Cars
    z3
    If it fits on the E46 engine it will fit on the Z3 engine, the main consideration would be if it fits between the shock towers

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '00 z3 2.5L & '98 740iL
    Understood - the engine is clearly the same. It's interference with accessories and mounting brackets that concerns me. Hoping someone has seen it happen.

My Cars
    z3
    The engine accessories are the same too. They dont change where the alternator fits on an E46 vs a Z3. It will bolt to the engine - the question is will it fit in the Z3

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    99 M3

Will an ESS twin screw for E46 323 it under hood of Z3 M52TUB25?

The Eurosport Twin Screw for the S52 fit under the hood of a Z3M Roadster, one from Seattle just completed One Lap Of America …again. LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bluptgm3; 06-30-2019 at 07:57 AM.

My Cars
    '00 z3 2.5L & '98 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
    The Eurosport Twin Screw for the S52 fit under the hood of a Z3M Roadster, from Seattle that just completed One Lap Of America …again. LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need to ask for more details! Is there a build thread, blog, video anywhere? Photos? Was it this kit (made for the E46)?

Are you actually saying that this kit is a drop in fit for the E36/7? As in, I wouldn't have to relocate the brakes, modify the TS, bend the oil dipstick out of the way...

I had assumed if that were true, I'd have read about more TS Zs here on the forums...

Isn't this a gigantic deal if this kit just fits?

My Cars
    z3
    To my knowledge the eurosport twinscrew was discontinued a long time ago. Itll fit, if you can find it

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    '00 z3 2.5L & '98 740iL
    That's why I posted a link. I'm asking about the kit sold for E46s, not E36s.

I can buy an E46 TS right now... Want to know if it will physically fit without having to relocate all the parts near the intake.

My Cars
    99 Coupe Hell Yeah Red
    When I was looking at SCs I asked them about fitment to the M52tu28. They said it will fit, but it would have to be a custom install/tune. At the time I couldn't find anybody willing to touch the tu because the unfamiliarity with the ECU, nor could I find any info on anybody that had installed one. You might want to find a tuner before you proceed.

My Cars
    '00 z3 2.5L & '98 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoupe6 View Post
    When I was looking at SCs I asked them about fitment to the M52tu28. They said it will fit, but it would have to be a custom install/tune. At the time I couldn't find anybody willing to touch the tu because the unfamiliarity with the ECU, nor could I find any info on anybody that had installed one. You might want to find a tuner before you proceed.
    So my assumption had been that E46 sw/fw would be the same... I'm finding tools available for them that make no claims whatsoever in regard to E36s.

I'm planning to set up inpa, grab a .bin of my car and see if tools like ECUWorks (sp?) recognize it. I'm not hopeful.

It may be that forced induction is not a great idea for this engine. I'm honestly surprised given the quantities that were sold. Wasn't the 2000 2.3 the most produced z3?

My last ditch effort will be to ask the local bimmer shop once I get it registered again. They might have a pointer...