Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Build log: LS2 330i

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Put the FPR under the car where the stock e46 was

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    It's a combo FPR and gauge. I kinda want it some place I can see. I'm thinking near the fuse box but man header clearance with the fuel lines are TIGHT. How's yours run?

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I have the corvette fpr under the car in the stock e46 location and an in-line gauge right before the rail

My Cars
    LS E46
    What do you need a gauge for? Just get the corvette fpr, put it in the stock location and call it a day. You’re not even boosted, you don’t need a gauge, just a quality pump.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    It's a combo gauge/fpr/returnless regulator/ adjustable regulator. I have it, it's $0, I just want to mount it somewhere and be done with it.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    What do you need a gauge for? Just get the corvette fpr, put it in the stock location and call it a day. You’re not even boosted, you don’t need a gauge, just a quality pump.
    Gauge is always good to have, especially with the hit or miss of the corvette FPRs, I've gotten 3 bad ones out of the box that were easy to see instantly due to having the gauge.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Well that's some good news. Lines up like butter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    LS E46
    Wow that shifter location is spot on perfect. Why did everyone tell me to get the f-body tail housing? Well looks like I’m in for some work right off the bat. Fml.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Wow that shifter location is spot on perfect. Why did everyone tell me to get the f-body tail housing? Well looks like I’m in for some work right off the bat. Fml.
    I have the F body tailhousing in my car and the shifter fits perfectly through the factory hole, no trimming needed. No idea how the GTO shifter here fit so well.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I have an MGW shifter which is offset. So it's actually sitting farther forward (I think forward) than where the shifter actually sits. The shifter bit rides up against the factory hole for the shifter.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Capture.jpg

Well here's today's issue. I tried making heat shields but there just isn't enough space. I guess I'll header wrap both the headers and the brake lines and see how things go.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    The stuff I have used on my super tight downpipe fitups works fantastically. It's this stuff. A little pricey, but awesome. They have it in quarter inch and half inch thicknesses, and various lengths/widths.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    ceramic coat, then you don't get itchy all day after you work on your car

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    But I like getting itchy. I also dont know anyone local who does ceramic coating.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    If you use that stuff I linked, you only get a little itchy when you install it, and then not again. All of the itchy is contained inside the dimpled aluminum outer layer.

My Cars
    LS E46
    As long as the heat shields don’t physically touch the headers or brake lines, they’ll do their job, doesn’t matter how close they are. It’s radiant heat you’re protecting from: think stepping into the shade because the sun is beating down on you too hard.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I couldn't fit a heat shield in between them without them touching. Otherwise I would have.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I swear I've been working on stuff. Just not much worth posting. I think the motor is in for the final time. I relocated the brake lines as far away from the header as I could. Wiring is mostly done. Just some clean up to do. The drive shaft is on its way. So is the oil cooler lines and power steering lines. I broke one of the AN lines for the fuel line so I ordered a kit to hopefully clean that up better. Relocated the FPR to a place where I'm reasonably happy with it.

2.jpg3.jpg1.jpg

Of course now I test fit my big AF radiator and nothing lines up. I'm gonna have to hack up the core support something fierce and I'm not too fond of that. Too bad it's aluminum and I can't weld on that.

My Cars
    LS E46
    What motor mounts are you using? The motor looks to be sitting very high, does your cowl fit back on? My water pump inlet(the lower left one) is maybe 3” above my radiator outlet.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    The mounts are custom (I didn't make them). Everything fit sin fine. I haven't done much more than test fits for the radiator but everything fits fine. I think it's just an optical illusion of the pictures.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Capture.jpg
    I swear I've been spending way too much time trying to find a place to mount this stupid regulator <_<. I thought this was good enough but it's too high and the hood won't close. UGH.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Tell me I'm an idiot, but pressure doesn't care about orientation, does it? Put it flat, where it is, so that nut on top won't dent your hood. (Not that I have any dents on my hood from slamming it on tools or anything like that....)
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    That's also not a bad idea. Hmmm

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    20190413_082055.jpg20190413_082104.jpg20190413_082115.jpg20190413_082129.jpgScreenshot_20190413-064900_Torque.jpg
    Well things are chugging along. Good news is that I can connect to the PCM and the DBW throttle actuates the throttle so I think my wiring is pretty close to 100%.

Now I'm running into issues with my big honking radiator. The cap is on the top so it hits the core support. I might have enough space to move the radiator forward and still have space for the fan. Or I can just hack up the core support. But then I'm worried it'll be so flimsy the headlights won't mount back in right. Decisions decisions.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I ran mine for a long time with the entire core support cut off the upper tie piece that the headlights mount to. It was super flimsy just having the upper piece, but with the hood closed and the headlights sitting on the bumper cover they didn't move.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast