My Cars
    z4

How do you delete driver profiles?

Bought a 2017 X5 over the weekend. It has 2 stored driver profiles in it, "Shana" "Hana". There is NO gear symbol besides the names, which the book says it what you are to look for to change name or modify. How do I delete these profiles? They seem to be hard coded into the car. there was a empty driver profile which I assigned to myself (had the gear symbol besides it)

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwright21 View Post
    Bought a 2017 X5 over the weekend. It has 2 stored driver profiles in it, "Shana" "Hana". There is NO gear symbol besides the names, which the book says it what you are to look for to change name or modify. How do I delete these profiles? They seem to be hard coded into the car. there was a empty driver profile which I assigned to myself (had the gear symbol besides it)
    Are you using the OPTION prompt when you get to the area where you can select these PROFILES you want to delete? If the names are "grayed-out"...then they are no longer "current" and have been overwritten. There names may still appear but there is no profile still in memory.

What happens if you set it where the profile names appear at start up? Can you then select these unwanted names? If you can, perhaps you can select "OPTION" and RENAME them (use blank empty spaces)?

See the excerpt below from the owners manual on how to set the profile names to appear at START-UP. Once you see the list of profile names...select one (if you can) and see if you can rename it or delete it or overwrite it by using the OPTION prompt:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)