Thread: Rear air intake tube 2008 535xi E60 N54

My Cars
    BMW 535xi

Question Rear air intake tube 2008 535xi E60 N54

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]I need someone’s help. I am trying to replace my rear intake air tube because I broke a connection on it. I received a factory replacement and I was able to disconnect the two 27 torque screws adjacent to one another on the top of the tube however there was a DIY post with pictures made by pelican that states that you need to get underneath the car to unscrew one number 10 bolt to free up the intake tube from the rear turbocharger and remove one vacuum tube and then you just pull it out. These are the only instructions I could find on the internet or YouTube. There is absolutely nothing on this subject. https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/BMW-E60/85-FUEL-N54_Engine_Charge_Air_Duct_Replacing/85-FUEL-N54_Engine_Charge_Air_Duct_Replacing.htm They make it sound very easy however when I got underneath the car I could see absolutely nothing. I’m not sure what needs to be removed to get to that bolt. They say it’s near the wastagate and the transmission bell and show one pic. I’ve searched and searched on the Internet for something about this and can’t find a thing it doesn’t seem like it should be that hard to remove one bolt. The way pelican describes it in their instructions Is that once the bolt is removed I can free up the rear intake tube to pull it out and replace it with a new one. I’m sure it’s not that easy but I’m surprised I can’t find anything at all on the Internet about it. You seem to know really what you’re talking about with all these jobs so I figured I would try to ask you. Help! I don’t want to go to dealer or Indy if I don’t have to.

Frank
    [/COLOR]

My Cars
    81,e21 orig ownr&05,e60
    Here is a BMW repair document. It should help you along with the process.
    https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Good luck

My Cars
    BMW 535xi
    Thank you. I found the instructions but unfortunately it says I have to remove the transmission. The pics say this is with engine removed. That’s out of my league:/

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Ask in the mechanical forum. Maybe someone like bmwdirtracer will help. I have worked in that area, and it is tight. Sometimes you can do a job more easily than BMW repair instructions, but I am not sure about this one. I managed to change oxygen sensors and remove and tighten wastegates but it was a pain.

My Cars
    BMW 535xi
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Ask in the mechanical forum. Maybe someone like bmwdirtracer will help. I have worked in that area, and it is tight. Sometimes you can do a job more easily than BMW repair instructions, but I am not sure about this one. I managed to change oxygen sensors and remove and tighten wastegates but it was a pain.
    Ok thank you. Appreciate it.