BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2003 54Oi TOURING SILVER / BLACK ONE OF 181 car in LAS VEGAS

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon

2003 54Oi TOURING SILVER / BLACK ONE OF 181 car in LAS VEGAS

Reluctantly have to sell my 2003 540iT Touring Wagon due to receiving a serious health diagnosis & medical bills are stacking up, hate having to do so. Bought this car from a forum member in Dec 2017 here on the classified forums, link included in this post. Car is clean, runs excellent, everything works as it should, window regulators, no pixels out, etc. You can see work & pics by the previous owner by clicking the link it includes communication prior to that sale. No problem passing smog...I have spent close to $4000 in parts and repairs & paid $10,000 for this car one year ago looking to get that amount back. Paint / clear coat is fading on top of both fenders, other than that paint is in excellent condition. Small ding bottom right hatch, hatch & glass struts have been replaced. Interior is a solid 9, no rips, tears, leather looks new, wood trim just needs a good buffing, door sills are new and rims are in excellent condition with a lot of rubber left on the tires. Probably missed a few things, but these cars have steadily increased in value and keep going up. I think my price is very fair and actually priced less than what this car is really worth, actual selling prices for clean 2003s range from $12K - $15K and real clean low mileage cars bringing $25K. This car is not perfect but is real nice. The all-important timing chain guides have been replaced by the previous owner also have the receipt for that & was a 4K job, all cooling issues replaced as well. M5 style 65 wheels, and getting more difficult to find them. No longer can find new ones.

When I was working on this car it was important to me to clean as much as possible while I had the motor apart. Drives me crazy when I see mechanics not taking the time to clean off excess grease, oil, and grime while its much easier to get to. Too many times in the past have seen mechanics pass right over areas that literally all they have to do is take a rag and wipe NOT take the rag and wipe and put the parts right on top of greasy oil accumulated surfaces. Never understood that and have seen it more times than I ever thought I would. So the little stuff mattered as much as the important doing it right the first time as well. Time was taken and when the work was preformed it was done right.

The transmission shifts perfectly and under my ownership has not given me any problems at all. The previous owner never had any problems either, and no work was done by him from all of the receipts I have from his ownership, nothing on paper that work has been done. w/ 171K I dont think that is an issue as the car drives perfectly.

Click the link you can see all of previous owners repairs, and I have receipts for all parts and work I did. This car was intended to be a keeper, wouldn't be selling if my health wasn't a problem, & I don't want to haggle with asking stupid prices. Honestly think this is worth ever cent of the 10K FIRM & a lot of car for the price, you can find a 1999 - 2002 much easier than finding a 2003, there just are not a lot of these cars out there, recently a 2003 sold on the BaT auction site black/tan w/69K miles for 25K, these cars are rare with low miles why that car brought the high dollar price. These cars are becoming increasing rare and difficult to find. Only 181 of the 2003s produced, this car was a BMW press vehicle, and the 12th 2003 made that year. Great car, excellent power, and this car was never abused while I've owned it, didn't put many miles on it because of my health issues, I cant keep up with what id like to do, and will really miss this one. I have all receipts from previous owner and for everything I bought as well...you can email me ...rarexkr@gmail.com

171,500 miles, $10,000 FIRM

Just some of the work/repairs,

New rear air bags
    Valve covers powder coated
    New valve cover gaskets
    New oil pump,
    New battery
    New starter
    New PCV cover assembly
    A new Crankcase vent valve
    New water pump pulley
    New coolant hoses
    New cooling fan
    New oil cooler valve
    New serpentine belts
    New oil pan gasket
    New airbag factory replaced
    New alternator
    New tires
    New headlight washers
    New heater / air conditioning ducts
    New subframe bushings
    Oil has been changed
    New brakes
    Window tint all around

E39 FS 2003 540iT M-Sport for sale
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 03-19-2019 at 02:11 AM. Reason: made mistakes

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon

My Cars
    2013 535, 1987 M6,
    Private email sent to you

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagon540 View Post
    Private email sent to you
    Hello Wagon 540,

Didnt get any messages, PM or emailed...didnt you just sell yours?

Matt

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon

My Cars
    looking for e39 bmw
    Is it still available. If so please dm me and we can discuss specifics. If you prefer email try mr_byers@yahoo.com

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    bump

My Cars
    '03 540it m '03 540ia m
    mess. sent. If still available reply to my e-mail, casanovafelix123@gmail.com
    Thanks,Felix.

My Cars
    2003 540iT
    Vehicle sold?