Thread: 2008 E60 528xi - sale - serious head turner

My Cars
    2008 bmw E60 528xi

2008 E60 528xi - sale - serious head turner

2008 E60 BMW 528xi (AWD) 6 spd manual trans, Monaco Blue
    Asking $12,500. This is the KBB price for excellent condition but does not include any of the upgrades listed below. This dollar amount is actually less than the amount spent on upgrades. I’m well aware you don’t get your money out of upgrades, I mention this only to help you recognize the value/bargain this car represents.

I fly helicopters for the Army and ride an Italian motorcycle for thrills, and I never got bored with this car. Agile, responsive, and as fun as any family sport sedan on the market today. It has been my baby for over 10 years, and it pains me to write this ad. So here go…

One owner, 165K miles. Purchased in Germany in JAN2008 (no governor, and you can set the cruise at 140 mph). Shipped to US in JUL2008. Dealer maintained, serviced per BMW schedule, all receipts saved, always garaged. Rare 6 speed manual transmission; time-tested inline 3.0 litre naturally aspirated inline-six motor. Premium, Sport, and Cold Weather packages (at that time, this was fully loaded, minus Comfort Access). This includes navigation, heated seats and mirrors, park distance control, 20-way power seats, and lots more than most cars had in 2008. Original BMW USA website build price in 2008 was $58k. Great paint condition for a 10 yro car. Interior is tan leather, all seats are like new except driver seat which shows some wear but no damage. Everything works. No crashes, but I did hit some dogs on the highway once (ask me about it…it’s a good story). I know these photos could be better, waiting for a clear day to wash and get some shots outside.

Upgrades:
    -2012 AFE cold air intake with washable filter
    -2012 KW V3 fully adjustable coilover suspension, installed by Butler Tires and Wheels in Atlanta. Lowered and perfectly offset for an aggressive stance with zero tire rub, but can be adjusted as much as three inches higher as the season or local road conditions require.
    -2014 Burger Motorsports Powerbox Tuner. Improves throttle response and power curve. Does not interfere with dealer reading codes or performing diagnostics (they cannot tell it’s installed)
    -2013 Black Mesh 18-inch M-style wheels. Currently running Conti DWS high performance all-season tires.
    -2015 M technic body kit from Umnitza, painted, baked, and installed by dealer (Winslow BMW, Colorado Springs). Perfect color match and fitment. All front and side body kit parts are 3M clear guard covered, as well as the headlights and trunk deck on the rear bumper (installed by Elite Auto Salon of Colorado Springs)
    -2015 custom cat-back dual exhaust (Built by Bud’s Muffler in Colorado Springs). Best sounding six cylinder growl you will ever hear
    -lots of other little goodies, but these were the big ticket items
    -roof rack to be sold separately ($125)

This car has been maintained meticulously and cared for like no other. Even though it is 10 years old with lots of miles, in many ways (like a helicopter) it operates like new since almost every part that could wear out has already been replaced, as you will see from my records. Here are some examples from just the past two years:

New radiator and hoses
    New front CV Drive axles
    New transfer case
    New engine mounts
    New fuel sending unit
    New rear upper and lower control arms
    New rear tension struts
    Interior micro air filter
    New battery
    New ignition coil
    New spark plugs
    New engine insulation
    New windshield
    New rear window cowling/seals
    Radiator, brakes, and power steering flushes
    New rear tires

Upcoming Services:
    Oil change in 8k miles
    Front tires in 12(ish) months
    Vehicle Check in 22k miles
    Brakes in 60k miles

So you must be asking yourself, why would he sell this car? This was our family car but we need more space now, especially on road trips. I’m a father of three growing girls with a wife who hates cars that are smarter than her (she drives a 2006 Jeep Wrangler). Not sure if that’s a dig on her or props to BMW. I’m shopping for something with a third row, and yes it makes me sad when I say it out loud so please don’t ask me to again. Serious offers only please, but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or email.

Serious buyers only please. Local delivery/in-person sale preferred, buyer’s agent acceptable with cash/money order in hand.
    Last edited by sos dustoff; 12-24-2018 at 10:02 PM.

My Cars
    2007 530xi 6 spd.manual
    Like a helicopter?? WTF.gif
    2007 530xi, Black Metallic Sapphire, 6 speed manual, Sport package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Sirius Satellite Radio, MTech front bumper, Replica Style 166 wheels

My Cars
    2008 bmw E60 528xi
    Sorry Jay, it’s an aviation thing. Originally wrote this add for the local population here at flight school. We fly aircraft that are 50 years old, but because of the high caliber of scheduled maintenance and time based parts replacement, they fly as good as new ones

My Cars
    81,e21 orig ownr&05,e60
    Didn't realize the US Army is still flying UH1's and or Cobra gunships. B52's have been flown by US Air Force pilots that are grandchildren of the pilots that flew the same birds over Vietnam.