Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z3 coupe market?

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetchief View Post
    There are two different M Roadsters.
    S54’s I suppose I could agree.
    But a nice lower mileage S52 version. Mid teens at best.

Under 5k miles. You won’t find many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just tallied the roadsters for sale on the M Roadster Buyers Guide. December 30, 2018

There were 23 S52 Roadsters with less than 40k miles average ad price = $22,692
    There was 1 1998 S52 Roadster with 940 miles listed for $65,000 (not counted above)

There were 4 S54 Roadsters with less than 40k miles averaged $38,960

My Cars
    z3
    Those are asking prices and most the cars have sat on the market for ages

Look in the "sold" areas on these sites and note what they are actually selling for

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Z4M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Those are asking prices and most the cars have sat on the market for ages

Look in the "sold" areas on these sites and note what they are actually selling for
    Agreed that most of these cars have been listed for quite some time without being sold. Asking price is a far cry from actual sale price. I firmly believe that the recent stock market crash is having an impact on sales. Most people who can afford to have these types of cars are invested in the market. Market goes down people feel less rich and hold off on purchases like these

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Okay. I just went back on M Roadster Buyers Guide looking at sold S52 models. Minimum miles = 9000, maximum miles = 41,000 average miles = 29,000. For 36 sold cars, the average amount paid was $20,933, the minimum was $14,500 and the maximum was $29,990. I saw my car in there with just under 20k miles for $23,995 which is correct. There were three shown with 20k miles that averaged $23,993.

I believe if I had held out for a similar car as nice as mine in the mid to high teens, my chances to get what I got would have been pretty poor. The best thing about mine was that I purchased it on consignment through a reputable dealer from its soul original owner. The dealer was the same one who did all of the service on the car and knew the owner personally. The dealer also took care on his end to get the car loaded and shipped to my doorstep. They even gave it a final detailing in their shop and put in a new five year battery on their dime to replace one that was getting iffy. I think I got a good value.
    Last edited by Tigershark48; 12-30-2018 at 12:59 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by milamookie View Post
    Agreed that most of these cars have been listed for quite some time without being sold. Asking price is a far cry from actual sale price. I firmly believe that the recent stock market crash is having an impact on sales. Most people who can afford to have these types of cars are invested in the market. Market goes down people feel less rich and hold off on purchases like these

Agreed. Market does well, people have expendable income, lets buy a fun little toy car. Market dries up, suddenly people are selling their toys instead of buying them

2007/2008 would have been a great time for someone with cash reserves to be scooping up deals on M's... E30 M3's, E28 M5's were cheap back then. Wonder if the next major market crash will bring a similar trend...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Agreed. Market does well, people have expendable income, lets buy a fun little toy car. Market dries up, suddenly people are selling their toys instead of buying them

2007/2008 would have been a great time for someone with cash reserves to be scooping up deals on M's... E30 M3's, E28 M5's were cheap back then. Wonder if the next major market crash will bring a similar trend...

LoL Yeah no doubt. Although the one I recently purchased is a 99 2.8 (double vanos engine) manual with 162k miles, it's super clean and runs very well. The cost of it was so insanely low it should be a crime. I got a steal of a deal. I think Z3 M Coupes are even going as low as $15k. Saw one in Berkley CA with 98k miles for $21k

IMG_0327.jpg
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 12-31-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12