Thread: BMW 850i ASC Light stay on - Flash Code 19 - Pressure Fault

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31

Smile BMW 850i ASC Light stay on - Flash Code 19 - Pressure Fault

I had the Hydraulic Booster Changed due to leakage. ASC Light already on prior to the change.

Any one can help on resolving this fault code - ASC Light remain on despite: -

1. Reservoir Filter Changes
    2. No leaking to hydraulic system.
    3. NO fuse burned - 8,17,29 Ok
    4. ABS Relay - tried triggering the contact as guided by Timm... Not sure it does anything.. No sound of pump running.
    5. If unplug the ABS Control unit under the Passenger Door Carpet cover... the ASC light when off. Re-connect, light comes back.
    6. Disconnect Batteries and reconnect Back... ASC Light comes back.

Found ASC & T Fault Guide : -
    Flash Code 19 :-

Accumulator warning-pressure-treshold. Please check the connections and plugs of the plunger hydro aggregates to the ABS/ASC-control-unit for correct seating resp. the clear flow.

How can i check on the above or any thing else to solve this ASC Light problem ?

ABS System seem to be cut off with the ASC light remaining on.

TY

ABS/ASC/ASC+T Trouble Codes

4 Rotational speed sensor fault rear left
    5 Rotational speed sensor fault rear right
    6 Rotational speed sensor fault front right
    7 Rotational speed senosr fault front left
    8 ABS-valve fault rear left
    9 ABS-valve fault rear right
    10 ABS-valve fault front right
    11 ABS-valve fault front left
    14 Valve relay fault
    15 ABS Back-delivery pump fault
    21 ABS-control-unit defect
    24 Incorrect gear wheel on one of the four wheels
    25 Line interruption-brake light switch

EML-Interface fault Please check the connecting lines from PIN 6,8 and 14 to the EML. If you can not find a fault, reset the fault accumulator. Please effect a diagnostic at the EGS.

DME-Interface fault Please control the line PIN 39 to the DME.

Sensor fault rear left Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault rear right Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault front right Please check the size of the tyrea on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault front left Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

ABS-Valve fault rear left Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates for correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 2 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 5. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnoose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control unit.

ABS-Valve fault rear right Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 36 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 7. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control unit.

ABS-Valve fault front right Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 22 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 3. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control-unit.

ABS-Valve fault front left Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 19 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 1. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control-unit.

Plunger-valve fault rear left Please check whether, on the magnetic valve, a voltage of 12 V exists. Please also check, whether visible damage (corrosion etc.) on the magnetic valve exists. If so replace the magnetic valve.

Plunger-valve fault Please check whether, on the magnetic valve, a voltage of 12 V exists. Please also check, whether visible damage (corrosion etc.) on the magnetic valve exists. If so replace the magnetic valve.

ABS-valve relay fault Please reset the fault storage and test-drive the car. Perform a diagnosis again. If the fault is displayed again please check the valve relay for correct seating and the contacts for corrosion. Please check, by switching on and off of the ignition, whether the valve relay pulls on. Please check the voltage supply at the valve relay.

Rear feed-pump fault Please check the engine-relay for correct seating and the contacts for corrosion. Kindly check the earth connection to the ABS hydraulic aggregates. Also check the earth connection and the function of the pump-motor.

ASC+T storage-load valve fault Please check the function of the magnetic valve on the plunger-hydraulic aggregate.

Inlet valve front left Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Outleft valve front left Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Inlet valve front right Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Outlet valve front right Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Inlet valve rear axle Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Outlet valve rear axle Please check the connection between valve and master relay. Please also check the action of the master relay and of the valve itself.

Control-unit defect Please replace the ABS-control-unit.

Internal fault Please replace the ABS-control-unit.

Rotational speed sensor front left Please check the connection between rotational speed sensor and control- unit. Look for a disconnection or short-circuit.

Rotational speed sensor front right Please check the connection between rotational speed sensor and control- unit. Look for a disconnection or short-circuit.

Rotational speed sensor rear left Please check the connection between rotational speed sensor and control- unit. Look for a disconnection or short-circuit.

Rotational speed sensor rear right Please check the connection between rotational speed sensor and control- unit. Look for a disconnection or short-circuit.

Rotational speed signal front left Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor.Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed signal front right Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor. Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed signal rear left Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor.Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed signal rear right Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor.Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed signal front left Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor.Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed information front right Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor. Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed information rear left Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor. Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Rotational speed information rear right Please check the plug and socket connections of the rotational speed sensor. Check the air-slot between rotational speed sensor and pulse wheel. If necessary reduce the air-slot. Possibly the pulse wheel has a wrong number of teeth or the rotational speed sensor is defective.

Pedal travel sensor Either the pedal travel sensor is defective or the feeder is interrupted or a short-circuit exists.

Brake hydraulics! The brake-system is leaking or there is air in the brake circuit. Advice: This fault must be eliminated before the car is driven.

Falling out of the pump Please check the lines to the ABS-control-unit and to the pump motor relay. Check the ABS-master relay for a short-circuit or interruption. All above mentioned systems could be defect.

Hydraulic pedal travel sensor Please check, whether the brake system is leak-tight or whether air is in the system. The pedal travel sensor could have an intermittent contact.

Outlet valve front left Please check the inlet valve which is related to the outlet valve concerning tightness. Please ensure that the rotation speed sensors are not mixed up. If necessary replace the outlet valve.

Outlet valve front right Please check the inlet valve which is related to the outlet valve concerning tightness. Please ensure that the rotation speed sensors are not mixed up. If necessary replace the outlet valve.

Outlet valve rear axle Please check the inlet which is related to the outlet valve concerning tightness. Please ensure that the rotational speed sensors are not mixed up. If necessary replace the outlet valve.

Fault, valve load circuit Fuse
    šberprfen Sie alle ABS - Sicherungen (10,13,26). Ersetzen Sie die ABS - Relais

Accumulator fault The control-unit must be replaced.

No faults accumulated

EML-Interface fault Please check the connecting lines from PIN 6,8 and 14 to the EML. If you can not find a fault, reset the fault accumulator. Please effect a diagnostic at the EGS.

DME-Interface fault Please control the line PIN 39 to the DME.

Sensor fault rear left Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault rear right Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault front right Please check the size of the tyrea on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

Sensor fault front left Please check the size of the tyres on all rims. Check the wheel- bearing clearance, the pulse-wheels, rotational speed sensor (optical damages, dirt).

ABS-Valve fault rear left Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates for correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 2 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 5. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnoose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control unit.

ABS-Valve fault rear right Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 36 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 7. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control unit.

ABS-Valve fault front right Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 22 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 3. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control-unit.

ABS-Valve fault front left Please check the plug and socket connection on the ABS-hydraulic aggregates towards correct seating and for corrosion. Please check the wire from the ABS/ASC unit PIN 19 to the ABS-hydraulic aggregate PIN 1. If no fault is found, erase the stored faults and re-diagnose. Should this fault occur again please replace the control-unit.

Plunger-valve fault rear left Please check whether, on the magnetic valve, a voltage of 12 V exists. Please also check, whether visible damage (corrosion etc.) on the magnetic valve exists. If so replace the magnetic valve.

Plunger-valve fault Please check whether, on the magnetic valve, a voltage of 12 V exists. Please also check, whether visible damage (corrosion etc.) on the magnetic valve exists. If so replace the magnetic valve.

ABS-valve relay fault Please reset the fault storage and test-drive the car. Perform a diagnosis again. If the fault is displayed again please check the valve relay for correct seating and the contacts for corrosion. Please check, by switching on and off of the ignition, whether the valve relay pulls on. Please check the voltage supply at the valve relay.

Rear feed-pump fault Please check the engine-relay for correct seating and the contacts for corrosion. Kindly check the earth connection to the ABS hydraulic aggregates. Also check the earth connection and the function of the pump-motor.

ASC+T storage-load valve fault Please check the function of the magnetic valve on the plunger-hydraulic aggregate.

charging time fault plunger accumulator Please check all hydraulic-lines and connections for tightness. Also check the function of the tandem hydraulic pump.

Leaky fault plunger accumulator The plunger accumulator is leaky. Please check the system inside and outside for leakages. Advice: The plunger hydraulic aggregate must be disassembled.

Accumulator warning-pressure-treshold. Please check the connections and plugs of the plunger hydro aggregates to the ABS/ASC-control-unit for correct seating resp. the clear flow.

EGS Interface mistake Please measure the voltage on the control unit PIN 54. The value should be a 12 V! If 12 V does exist you have to simulate the normal-operation of the ASC-system. The voltage has to drop down nearly to 0 V! If the voltage does not drop down again the ABS/ASC-control-unit must be replaced. If the 12 V does not exists, please check the feeder and replace the ABS/ASC-control-unit.

Internal control-unit fault The ABS/ASC-control-unit must be replaced.

Number of revolutions signal fault Please check the signal-lines from the ABS/ASC-control-unit PIN 55 to both DME-control-units. If no fault can be seen please reset the fault accumulator.

Fault transmission-encoding (options-PIN) Please check the connecting lines on the ABS/ASC control-unit from PIN 15 to PIN 34.

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    Did you have the two pressure sensors changed with the booster - or were the old ones re-fitted?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31
    Timm,

Both Sensors were left untouched..... replaced 1 of them around a year ago when it leak... before recently replaced the master cylinder and lately replaced the booster.

Thanks,

Desmond

My Cars
    99 840ci Sport Indv
    The warning is indicative that the sensor is not reading the correct pressure - or - the sensor itself has failed (and they do that). It is a darn sight cheaper replacing the sensor rather than the accumulator/pump!
    Timm..2007 E64 650i Individual Sport..1999 E31 840ci Individual Sport..ex owner of 2000 E38 740..1999 E38 740i V8 M62..1998 E38 735i V8..1993 E32 730i V8..1988 E28 518i

My BMW Repair YouTube Channel
    My Current 840ci Sport Individual
    My Current 650ci Sport Individual
    My E31 Repair and Information Website
    My E38 Repair and Information Website
    My E63/E64 Repair and Information Website

Chase - Heroes to a generation

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31

BMW E31 Asc light remain on

Quote Originally Posted by Desmon View Post
    Timm,

Both Sensors were left untouched..... replaced 1 of them around a year ago when it leak... before recently replaced the master cylinder and lately replaced the booster.

Thanks,

Desmond
    Let me swop them to check it had failed !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desmon View Post
    Timm,

Thanks,

Desmond
    Let me swop them to check it had failed !

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31
    timm,

I had disconnected both sensors but the ASC light remain on after started the engine.

Dont think it the sensor problem..

Any other leads ?

THanks,

DN

My Cars
    1991 BMW E31
    Finally solved the problem - accordingly to repair manual - ASC Module need to be disconnected & reset after any ASC Oil change. Will post the procedure for reference.

My Cars
    91 850
    Congrats on your solution! Looking forward to reading your process.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    How do you Reset it?

My Cars
    E60 530D, 1600-2, E30
    Hi all,
    old thread, but for anyone still looking for the reset procedure, I have found it on the E31 repair manual.
    I have the same issue, and will be trying this after the exhaust are back in the car.

the manual says:
    "Pull off the ASC+T (ABS) control unit plug before starting the engine for the first time after working on the oil supply tank, tandem pump, high pressure filter, ASC+ hydraulic control unit and corresponding lines. reconnect control unit plug with ignition turned off after the engine has run for 1 minute."

Cheers,