Thread: Weird situation happened, looking for advice

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Weird situation happened, looking for advice

Hello all, my son has a 2002 325i. Last night I went to change the spark plugs and found oil in the plug housings. So I replaced the valve cover gasket along with the spark plug circular gaskets. Thought all was great until this morning. I moved his car into the garage and there was gasoline pouring out of it. Was coming from the center of the car, right under the motor. I could look and see it coming down from the rear of the engine. Then, I took the engine covers off and it stopped. Maybe I pinched a line or something? Anyone ever have this happen? I did see a line was pinched, would that cause a leak? I am now keeping the cover off and so far it seems fine. Weird!!

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Backtrack from the fuel rail to fuel supply line, feel around and look carefully for leaks with engine running.
    Check if the coupling is fine between them - #11:https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=13_0900

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Totally dry. That is what is weird.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Keep the covers off and keep an eye on it during use.
    Engine fuel fires don't end up pretty!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Just confused. I reached down where the gas line goes into the fuel rail, all dry now. Earlier when I was under the car and when it was leaking, I could look up right by the oil drain plug and just behind it could see the gas coming down. Don't know why it all of a sudden would stop.

My Cars
    2003 328i
    Gas doesn't leave a residue and does not stick around for long. The system will have to be pressurized to check for leaks and you will have to manually wiggle and jiggle things to see what could be leaking. There is only one fuel line going to the rail on that one, not much to check. I suppose it could be an injector oring as well.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Could be, but it's not leaking any longer. Been running it for a while and nothing. Wonder if putting the cover on pinched something or caused something to jar loose.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The rubber hose between the filter and the fuel rail are snap connections. That is, the connectors are similar to those on the power steering system cooler. I doubt that either connector came loose as you’d have fuel pouring out. You could have a bad upper fuel injector o-ring. Have you checked the area around the injectors?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    After 2 days it still is not leaking any longer. I am just concerned because I really don't want an engine fire! Does it matter that I put sea foam in the gas tank before this happened? Just weird! I even refilled the tank last night to make sure it was not leaking once it is filled. Not sure I feel comfortable driving this thing. Any more advice?

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Carry a small fire extinguisher in the vehicle for peace of mind, you should be ok.