This 2000 BMW 323Ci was only used for pleasure, not a daily driver. Always garaged, no smoking, pets, or kids inside ever. Never been in an accident, no body work done, original paint. Every feature works as it should, including A/C and all power accessories. I purchased it in 2006 at 48K from the 2nd owner (a friend of mine) and was originally sold new in 2000 at Palm Springs BMW, therefore basically stayed in the desert all 18 years of its life. Not a speck of rust anywhere.
Besides regular maintenance every 5000 miles with Schaeffer's Synthetic 5W-30 Oil (best performance oil), I used only genuine BMW coolant and air/oil/cabin filters. I always used 91 octane Chevron with Techron gas.
This car came with the Sport Package, which includes lower stiffer sports suspension, 17" alloy wheels with wider 235/45/17 tires, and also a sport steering wheel. Harman/Kardon premium sound system with subwoofer in the trunk.
Several upgrades made, including Nappa Leather M3 heated seats with 10-way power adjustment, adjutable side bolsters, and 4-way lumbar support. The central armrest and door armrest pads are also from an M3. New front cross-drilled Zimmermann brake rotors with ceramic pads installed at 82K. Rear brake pads also replaced at the time. The tires are almost new, have less than 5000 miles on them. Alignment was also performed at the time. I also purchased a new set of Bilstein front shocks a while ago for $500 that I haven't gotten around to installing (the original front shocks are still in good shape) and I will include them with the car.
Major parts replaced include the following: (I have receipts for most of them)
1. Secondary Air Pump and vacuum valve - 60K
2. Power Steering Pump - 72K
3. Water Pump, all Coolant Hoses, Serpentine Belt and Tensioners - 76K
4. Control Arms with Bushings - 80K
5. Tie Rods - 80K
6. OEM Floor Mats - 80K
7. Windshield Washer Pump - 84K
8. Hood and Trunk Struts - 84K
9. Spark Plugs and Coils - 86K
10. Radiator and Expansion Tank - 89K
11. New Front Grill and Wiper Blades - 89K
Lastly, I have just replaced the transmission fluid and new filter installed. At the same time, both transmission mounts were replaced as preventative maintenance and to resolve a small vibration at idle.
The car drives flawlessly, tracks straight, absolutely no noises/creaks/vibrations. Shifts gears smoothly. Engine idles and revs like new. Brakes are outstanding, car stops on a dime. You will be hard-pressed to find a better-maintained, cleaner E46 coupe anywhere.
The only issues I can think of is that the airbag light is ON from the time I installed the M3 seats, and a small dent (easy fix) on the hood just to the left of the grill.
Asking $6000 FIRM, not in a hurry to sell. Car is located in the Palm Springs area in SoCal, but I am willing to work with a buyer to ship the vehicle.
E-mail me at gbranis@msn.com or call/text seven-six-oh, 567, four-nine-three-three.