Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: BMW e90 and android 10.25 unit

My Cars
    BMW 320D E90

BMW e90 and android 10.25 unit

Hi guys. I just installed an android unit 10.25 from aliexpress in my car and i need some help with it. Its this unit MEKEDE 10.25" IPS screen 2GB RAM 32GB ROM Android 7.1 car radio multimedia palyer for BMW 3 serise E90 E91 E92 E93 GPS WIFI BT
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bG1iloec and i have the following questions:

1. Someone have any manual to this unit? Can't find anything good online.
    2. I can't make my rear camera signal work.
    3. In the menu at Car Info its just showing me a clock, can i customize it to display some actual car informations?

Thanks a lot for now, apprecaite it guys.
    First post here so hi to all of you! Happy driving.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Contact the seller you purchased it from as they should be providing support.

Given that you've purchased via Aliexpress, which is a selling/import/export site for manufacturers/wholesalers, I doubt you'll get any help given what you've purchased is a low quality/generic product and whichever factory or wholesaler sold it to you won't have any knowledge or technical expertise about it - I might be wrong!

See where you get with any help from the 'seller' and post back.

The only thing I can think of is to post on the Xda-developers forum and see if anyone can make you a custom ROM that works more reliably than what you have - but that might also prove tricky given the electronics and internals are generic.

If you can return the unit, I'd suggest that and get your money back. Then, look at the Zenec brand who have a custom fit unit and provide support and after sales care - a lot more expensive, but the unit will work. If it doesn't you'll be able to change it/refund/update it etc with their help.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    BMW 320D E90
    Hello, thanks for the reply. I did talk to the seller and no reply regarding a manual or something and can't return it because i broke a small plastic pin that hold the unit inside my dashboard... so that option is out.

I will try the xda website, but chances are low as i see.
    No one here uses this unit at all?

the seller sent me a generic scheme with a rear camer mounting and wire diagram, i will try this weekend and see, once my new rear camera arrives, hope it will work.

I still hope the seller will reply regarding to the Car Info tab that is not working.

Thanks Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk