Thread: Problem with Halos

My Cars
    2012 BMW X5

Problem with Halos

Hi everyone. I'm seeking some counsel on an issue that popped up on my second BMW, a 2012 535i xDrive, just last week.

I hit a deer (at a low speed) and miraculously the only damage was a shattered driver's side headlight housing. The lights themselves still worked perfectly after the collision.

I drove for a few days while waiting on the new headlight assembly to come in. It snowed on two of those days, so it's possible some moisture got into the guts of the headlight.

My independent mechanic installed the new headlight assembly using the control unit from the old headlight, and now the halos (daytime running lamps) are not working. He said he scanned the controls and there were no faults, but, unfortunately, at the time I was in such a hurry to get the car back I failed to ask if he switched the control unit from the passenger side to test it out.

The lights are adaptive bi-xenons with highbeam assist. All of these are working fine at the moment.

I'd appreciate any input or suggestions.

Thanks.

My Cars
    '14 550/M, '03 540/M
    If I'm not mistaken, the daytime driving lights (ring or halo) have a separate LED module that plugs into the control unit .. sounds like it got hit, or there's a loose plug somewhere.

Although this link is for the 550, it should be the same for your car. https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...hts/1VnZ4Hm1sz