Thread: Window alignment

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci

Window alignment

I replaced the window regulator on my e46 coupe. I thought I put the glass back where it was before, but there is a very slight gap at the top where the window doesn't go up all the way. Are there any tips for adjusting? Or do I have to reposition the window withing the regulator?

Thanks

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    Have you reset the window yet?

Start the car. Roll the window DOWN and hold the button in the down position for 12 seconds. Roll the window UP and hold the button in the up position for 12 seconds. This resets the window.
    Last edited by All2kool; 11-27-2018 at 04:50 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by All2kool View Post
    Have you reset the window yet?

Start the car. Roll the window DOWN and hold the button in the down position for 12 seconds. Roll the window UP and hold the button in the up position for 12 seconds. This resets the window.
    Thanks for the advice. I just tried this and I'm not sure it made a difference?

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintain330 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I just tried this and I'm not sure it made a difference?
    Well that is odd then. Does the window still drop a tad when you open the door and then finish going up when you close the door?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by All2kool View Post
    Well that is odd then. Does the window still drop a tad when you open the door and then finish going up when you close the door?
    It does. But not as much as it used to. When I lower the window all the way, a very small portion still can be seen above the door. And when i take the window all the way up, it doesn't quite seal. If I continue to pull up on the lever to raise the window, I can hear the motor try to raise it further, but it doesn't move.

It's almost like the brackets on the regulator that hold the glass are moving. Or stop moving before reaching the fully up or down position. If that makes any sense at all.

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintain330 View Post
    It does. But not as much as it used to. When I lower the window all the way, a very small portion still can be seen above the door. And when i take the window all the way up, it doesn't quite seal. If I continue to pull up on the lever to raise the window, I can hear the motor try to raise it further, but it doesn't move.

It's almost like the brackets on the regulator that hold the glass are moving. Or stop moving before reaching the fully up or down position. If that makes any sense at all.
    I've never replaced a window regulator on any car so I am out of ideas. Hopefully someone will chime in with help. You may also want to post on that other forum that has E46 and Fanatics in its name.