Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: E36 alarm installtion - fuel pump issue

My Cars
    E36er

E36 alarm installtion - fuel pump issue

Hi everyone,

since I've do a bit research for e36 alarm installation, found that's a quite striaght forward process, but what I also found is people only get the start kill thru ignition switch at steering column.

however, some would mention a double lock function to add security, but I still think that's still not enough. what I think is, ignition kill thru steering column is just a piece of cake for those car thieves, so I'm start thinking of other way to create more problem to the car stealer........

one way in my mind is to disable the fuel pump as well, but would it harms the engine ? for example, the fuel pump disconnected by the alarm system when the car is driving ? coz the alarm I'm going to install has a remote shutdown function to stop the car in case the thief can still drive the car away.

any other ideas ?

thanks

My Cars
    BMW!
    If the person is trying to start the car and the fuel pump is not activated, then basically he (or she) would burn your starter....but it's better than having the whole car stolen...I like the fuel pump kill switch idea tell me how it goes
    Jesus can read your poker face...He is not pleased.

My Cars
    M3
    Your "remote" fuel kill idea is dangerous as the car theif could get into an accident if they suddenly lost power.

I suggest that you simply install LoJack (or however it's spelled) and be able to track your car (better than just knowing it's "dead" somewhere). You can even save on your car ins. with LoJack.