Thread: 325ix lower transmission hose

My Cars
    2001 740i

325ix lower transmission hose

Just sourced a lower transmission cooler hose how does it align up near the transmission bell housing anyone mind takeing some pictures? I know how to install it but it doesn’t align it up correctly if anyone can take a above and below picture it would be great
    Last edited by HurtCobain; 11-27-2018 at 10:24 PM.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    So know one can help me cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    no idea man, I guess there are not many ix left
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by superj View Post
    no idea man, I guess there are not many ix left
    Fashure eventually I’ll figure it out

My Cars
    89 325iX
    I will try to help you out later today and get some pictures. I actually have my car jacked up on stands right now.

My Cars
    2001 740i

Quote Originally Posted by BMWBurnout875 View Post
    I will try to help you out later today and get some pictures. I actually have my car jacked up on stands right now.
    Thanks dude your a life saver

Last edited by HurtCobain; 11-29-2018 at 08:09 AM.

My Cars
    89 325iX
    If you arent on r3vlimited.com you should be. They have a section just for iX owners.
    Last edited by BMWBurnout875; 11-29-2018 at 12:24 PM.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    If you arent on r3vlimited.com you should be. They have a section just for iX owners.
    That’s good info to know I just made a account

My Cars
    89 325iX
    I am having a hard time trying to get a good image of what you need. I will report back in the morning, currently at work

My Cars
    2001 740i
    I am having a hard time trying to get a good image of what you need. I will report back in the morning, currently at work
    It’s cool dude no rush

My Cars
    2001 740i
    Any update? Can anyone shoot a picture under the car near the transmission bell housing will Paypal someone cash kinda confused on how it lines up I know the top part of the hose starts near the starter

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    If you lay the new hose out on the floor next to the old one, does it match up, or could it be different?

My Cars
    2001 740i

I sourced out a used one from a u pull it, the hose is correct just can’t align it right when I have it aligned near the bell housing. It’s not going in straight into this part, (look at picture attached don’t know what it’s called) IMG_1011.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    Is it possible for you to take another photo only this time pull the tube slightly out of the way as to see the actual hole it’s going in. Something doesn’t look right there, I don’t see an actual female fitting there, maybe it is blocked from the camera from this angle. I don’t have an IX but I do have an automatic I’ll see if there is anything similar on mine

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    I took pictures of my trans this morning, and the only significant difference i see between the two trans types (in this regard)is the oil pan which on mine has a dipstick tube/fitting coming into the front wall of the pan itself, which on yours it does not. The cooler inlet itself is actually in the same place, just the cooling line itself is different, as well as the angle that it comes in. I am curious if there is supposed to be a thread adapter/fitting between the male end of your tube and the trans body itself, because there is one on my trans, but that could be because my cooler line has a female end on it instead. So is there a possibility that there is still a part stuck in the trans at the junk yard that you need or is there something like that in your space that has been overlooked? Would BMW design this to have the trans hose tread right into the trans body without an intermediate piece to prevent the delicate threads of the trans body itself from being stripped out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2001 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by msservices View Post
    Is it possible for you to take another photo only this time pull the tube slightly out of the way as to see the actual hole it’s going in. Something doesn’t look right there, I don’t see an actual female fitting there, maybe it is blocked from the camera from this angle. I don’t have an IX but I do have an automatic I’ll see if there is anything similar on mine
    Fashure can definitely do that when I get back home on Sunday, thanks for the pictures your hose is different the IX, and es have the hose I have will update ASAP

My Cars
    2001 740i

Took that photo
    Last edited by HurtCobain; 12-14-2018 at 10:34 PM.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    I know the hose lines up something along the lines of this but it’s still off smh

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    Stating the obvious, make sure you have an o ring to go on there. Other than that it looks like it may just be a tight fit. I would not hesitate to reduce, or straighten out a little, the 45 degree bend as to allow the tube get away from the transmission (as it goes up) enough to allow the fitting to thread into the trans body. I’m still shocked that there is no intermediate fitting between the trans body and the cooling line itself, but I do see the oring seat in there and it looks like the end of the cooling line (after the last 90 degree bend) is plenty long to reach up in there. Cross threading that connection would most likely send one into tears looking for a replacement trans, so avoid the temptation to put a wrench on it until after you KNOW you have it threaded in by hand. Again, stating the obvious but maybe that is because trans/oil cooler lines are well known for these kind of quirks
    Last edited by msservices; 12-14-2018 at 11:08 PM.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by msservices View Post
    Stating the obvious, make sure you have an o ring to go on there. Other than that it looks like it may just be a tight fit. I would not hesitate to reduce, or straighten out a little, the 45 degree bend as to allow the tube get away from the transmission (as it goes up) enough to allow the fitting to thread into the trans body. I’m still shocked that there is no intermediate fitting between the trans body and the cooling line itself, but I do see the oring seat in there and it looks like the end of the cooling line (after the last 90 degree bend) is plenty long to reach up in there. Cross threading that connection would most likely send one into tears looking for a replacement trans, so avoid the temptation to put a wrench on it until after you KNOW you have it threaded in by hand. Again, stating the obvious but maybe that is because trans/oil cooler lines are well known for these kind of quirks
    It is very much appreciated, everything you have said I will keep in mind, you’ve been a big help. Glad I can come to this forum with so many knowledgeable people from all different skill levels wrenching makes a great community environment!