Thread: Haha, nobody even made a thread for the last race

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan

Haha, nobody even made a thread for the last race

Guess that says it all
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Something mustve happened to aquaman. Yas Marina track is too smooth, no tire deg at all. Race was a bit interesting at the beginning with the Hulk crash. Formation donuts at the end with the multi WDCs was cool

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Forgot about it due to holidays/long weekend, but also losing interest in F1 .... already.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Guess that says it all
    I came here to open this thread

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I wish tire deg was removed from the equation entirely, so that didn't bother me. Seeing people obviously drive to a time bothered me. There were a number of good battles for most of the race.

You liked seeing a guy roll? wtf man

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Hulk's crash was a bit scary. Car was completely upside down, on fire (momentarily), and it looked like he couldn't get out due to the halo...

What was with Kimi's and Ericsson's cars both just losing power? Pretty lame way to end the season.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    I wish tire deg was removed from the equation entirely, so that didn't bother me. Seeing people obviously drive to a time bothered me. There were a number of good battles for most of the race.

You liked seeing a guy roll? wtf man
    cmon man, you know you liked it too Halo had him covered

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Reviewing a few pics of Hulks crash, car was resting on the airbox and there was space for him to crawl out if he needed to. The fire/smoke scared him a little bit

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by VĒmp View Post
    cmon man, you know you liked it too Halo had him covered
    The intake/roll hoop is what protects them when the car rolls. The halo is only for deflecting debris.

Reviewing a few pics of Hulks crash, car was resting on the airbox and there was space for him to crawl out if he needed to. The fire/smoke scared him a little bit
    I was looking at that same pic and I don't know if this is enough space. It's barely enough without the halo.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Mad Max was easily the driver of the race. Does anyone know what happened to Bottas’s car?

I’m interested in seeing how Danny Ric does at Renault next year. Also sad to see Alonso go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    Mad Max was easily the driver of the race. Does anyone know what happened to Bottas’s car?

I’m interested in seeing how Danny Ric does at Renault next year. Also sad to see Alonso go.
    I read that he was having vibration in the rear right brake and was having sudden lockups with the fronts as a result.

In other news, if you ignore his DQ in Monza, Grosjean was outscored by Leclerc this season.

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    the Post Race Press conference was a fun bater watching Vettel, Lewis and Max having a ball! All 3 also complained about how they have had to nurse the tires all season and be in a certain temp range to get the best out of them. They all said they would want to go full on rather then conserving the tires, so hopefully PIRELLI is listening!

The 2019 aero regs dont seem to have had too much effect in helping the overtaking from the initial reports so lets see. The new Concorde agreement will be a very interesting developments Liberty is having the teams and drivers have their say into the future of the sport, so hopefully wise minds prevail (rather then greedy minds)

2019:
    1. looking forward to Leclerc and Vettel chemistry at Ferrari to evolve - I doubt there will be sparks, I think they will work well with each other
    2. Lewis - good to see him not dropping the ball at 2018 season end, he wil be a force to beat in 2019 and BOTTAS needs to raise up his game for sure, else next yr is his last at Merc
    3. Max and Gasly will be interesting to watch at RBR
    4. Hope McLaren are back next season
    5. CANT wait for KUBICA to get racing and hopefully WILLIAMS have a decent package - also excited to see RUSSELL develop as he progresses
    6. SAD to see ALONSO go out with 2 titles, but he has been digging his own grave - hopefully he will be back in F1 down the road. Excited to see how his INDY bid comes along
    7. DANNY RIC vs HULK will be a nice watch at RENAULT next year
    8. hoping for KIMI to take a surprise podium for SAUBER next year as well

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3

Haha, nobody even made a thread for the last race

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    the Post Race Press conference was a fun bater watching Vettel, Lewis and Max having a ball! All 3 also complained about how they have had to nurse the tires all season and be in a certain temp range to get the best out of them. They all said they would want to go full on rather then conserving the tires, so hopefully PIRELLI is listening!

Isn’t Pirelli making tires to spec, degradation is part of the current formula?

Really hope Honda is pulling it together so Max can mix it up with Merc and Ferrari.
    Last edited by badmonkey; 11-26-2018 at 11:53 AM.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post

Really hope Honda is pulling it together so Max can mix it up with Merc and Ferrari.
    I'm betting the Honda RB relationship starts breaking down towards the end of 2019 unless Honda makes a pretty large step forward in speed and reliability. Given they've been at it for a few years now, hard to see that really happening rapidly in the off season.

I bet RB fades back at least a few places on many circuits immediately, and maybe through development they claw back up to 3rd best team by end of 2019 at best.

My Cars
    yay
    Will Smith is now on brand for F1.

All I need to know.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    cmon man, you know you liked it too
    Considering my dad almost died in a rollover in a formula car, no I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
    Yes, and it's stupid. I'd give up pit stops in a second if it meant I'd get actual racing in return.

My Cars
    m5s
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    Will Smith is now on brand for F1.

All I need to know.
    lmaoo really? nothing fresh about that dude anymore

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    I'll just leave this here.