Thread: 2011 F25 Problems Mounting -- Keep or Sell?

My Cars
    X3

2011 F25 Problems Mounting -- Keep or Sell?

Have had this car for the last 4 years and recently started experiencing problems that are creeping one after the other. Other than routine maintenance -- New battery, brake pads, new tires (all recently purchased), I have had to take care of the following repairs:

It is a BMW x28i, I believe it's the N52, 6 cylinder engine with around 180,000 KMS or 112,000 MILES on it. Car has been always kept well maintained with the dealer and at the indy shop.

1) A/C compressor went out - Replaced with an aftermarket one - Cost $1500
    2) Replace Engine Mounts and Transmission mount - $900
    2) Replaced front driver side drive shaft (got a used one) and CV Boot - $800

Engine sound completely changed after the new a/c compressor. It started sounding rougher and would quiten up once the a/c switches on. Not sure how this is related to the compressor fix!

Mechanic notes:
    1) Wishbones and control arm bushings are weak - suggests I change them
    2) Replace TC gasket, oil filter body gasket and oil cooler gasket - due to leaks
    His quotation for the above two jobs is $2500

The car was shaking under acceleration and initially the mechanic suggested it's the engine transmission mounts, then he said it's 'also' the drive shaft which was bad and replaced it all. The vibration and clunking went away.
    Now after a month I feel the same exact vibration and I am thinking either the part that he put (which was used) has failed or ??

So the conundrum is this, given the age of the car is it advisable to keep on investing in the car. Some people have suggested I sell it as at this age all German cars start deteriorating and it's all downhill from here. However, I've previously owned a high mileage ML and it was surprisingly robust. So, I am just looking for some input from other X3 owners and forum members to see if I should invest more time and money into this or walk away?

Any input would be appreciated. Attaching oil leak images. I've only started seeing small oil spots on the parking area in the last few days. It's been dripping at the components below.

IMG_3490.jpgIMG_3485.jpgIMG_3477.jpg

Thank you.
    Last edited by Danielali; 11-24-2018 at 06:37 PM.