Thread: ES Supercharger Coolant Fill Procedure? Need help

My Cars
    2003 M3, 1998 M3 TS

ES Supercharger Coolant Fill Procedure? Need help

Trying to tidy up a few things on the new eurosport twinscrew and one is the cooling system. I got a check coolant level error from the car and know it is not the cars coolant. I pulled the front bumper to find the intercooler and reservoir tank (black pipe looking jobby) between the bumper struts. Only problem is, I don't see a fill port or drain plug. Also, admittedly don't know much about coolant systems in a supercharger set-up. I have the install instructions, but they don't even mention the intercooler or reservoir.

so a few questions:

1. Where is it best to drain the coolant from? (just pull a hose on the lowest part of the intercooler?)
    2. Where is it best to fill the coolant from? I have a 1/8 hose that extends from the reservoir that is capped off? Is it that? I don't want to have pump run dry and I know that is uphill in the engine bay.
    3. How much coolant does it take?
    4. Best fill/bleed procedure?
    5. What type of coolant?
    2.1L Eurosport Twin screw on the 98 m3. Please send tires.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman325i View Post
    Trying to tidy up a few things on the new eurosport twinscrew and one is the cooling system. I got a check coolant level error from the car and know it is not the cars coolant. I pulled the front bumper to find the intercooler and reservoir tank (black pipe looking jobby) between the bumper struts. Only problem is, I don't see a fill port or drain plug. Also, admittedly don't know much about coolant systems in a supercharger set-up. I have the install instructions, but they don't even mention the intercooler or reservoir.

so a few questions:

1. Where is it best to drain the coolant from? (just pull a hose on the lowest part of the intercooler?)
    2. Where is it best to fill the coolant from? I have a 1/8 hose that extends from the reservoir that is capped off? Is it that? I don't want to have pump run dry and I know that is uphill in the engine bay.
    3. How much coolant does it take?
    4. Best fill/bleed procedure?
    5. What type of coolant?
    #1. yes
    #2. I use the front port on the intake manifold; also highest point from which to bleed off air
    #3. ? never measured it
    #4. = #2
    #5. same as engine coolant; I use BMW antifreeze__the blue stuff__and distilled water @ 50/50 (easy math) adjust for your climate.

My Cars
    2003 M3, 1998 M3 TS
    Awesome, I did it this past weekend and things went slow, but ok. Where is that front port at?

I ended up using a little hose attached to one of the high points of the reservoir and filled and bled from that. I want to bleed from something higher, but couldn't figure out where that was....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    #1. yes
    #2. I use the front port on the intake manifold; also highest point from which to bleed off air
    #3. ? never measured it
    #4. = #2
    #5. same as engine coolant; I use BMW antifreeze__the blue stuff__and distilled water @ 50/50 (easy math) adjust for your climate.

My Cars
    2003 M3, 1998 M3 TS
    Figured it out, it was the silver allen head bolt in between the supercharger case and fuel rail. As an aside, it took roughly 3/4+ gallons to get it relatively full. I did this because I keep getting a check coolant level message when pulling into my driveway, but it always seems to go away upon restarting. We'll see if that changes with the added coolant.