Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Coding / programming for replacement amplifier TOP HIFI E92 M3

My Cars
    M

Coding / programming for replacement amplifier TOP HIFI E92 M3

I have top HIFI on my E92 M3 (2008) model and the lear amp had kicked the bucket recently.

checked with realoem and got an ebay amp that is newer in terms of part number but most likely from a non E92 m3.

Amp works after i plugged it in (and jumping pin 1 & 2 on the MOST plug) but the sound is nowhere as rich and full as the old amp.

Figured that the sound stage is all messed up as its from another car.

I pulled up INPA and managed to pull the following details and this is about as far as my skill brings me.

unnamed.jpg

Am I right that

1) The amp was from an X5 based on the above info?

2) What must I do to "align" the amp with my car?

Thanks for any help!

My Cars
    M
    I'll just leave it here for posterity in case anyone have the same issue.

So I replaced the amp which is supposedly from an M6 equipped with TOP HIFI although i am not exactly sure but it is on the list of exchange retrospectively on realoem

Amp couldnt turn on initially, this was solved after I jumped pin 1 and 2 on the optical connector via a simple bent wire into the plug. There could be a more elegant solution but whatever it works.

There was an additional power plug but it works base on the power from the 20pin alone. I have read somewhere that the sound is even better when power is applied through the 2 pin power plug so I shall wire it up and test it when I have the time but right now it works.

Next the sound is muddy and likely the sound stage is all over the place.

I was unable to find any clear guides on how to code the amp properly, stroke of luck a local shop has an autologic on hand. I went to retrofit under amplifier I hit activate. Autologic system did the rest (like a 15 secs job)

Shut off car, restarted and the sound is clear as it should be. Sound stage is accurate now and it no longer sound muddy. I know this is not an exact fix it but this is a clean solution without having to guess work through all the modules.

The only thing is there seem to be a weaker mid range (bass) compared to my old amp. I shall try to wire up the 2 pin power connectors and see if it is due to needing additional juice to power it properly.

For now, it is as good as it can be

Quote Originally Posted by cocainecola View Post
    I have top HIFI on my E92 M3 (2008) model and the lear amp had kicked the bucket recently.

checked with realoem and got an ebay amp that is newer in terms of part number but most likely from a non E92 m3.

Amp works after i plugged it in (and jumping pin 1 & 2 on the MOST plug) but the sound is nowhere as rich and full as the old amp.

Figured that the sound stage is all messed up as its from another car.

I pulled up INPA and managed to pull the following details and this is about as far as my skill brings me.

unnamed.jpg

Am I right that

1) The amp was from an X5 based on the above info?

2) What must I do to "align" the amp with my car?

Thanks for any help!

My Cars
    1999 328i
    Just sent you a PM, thanks for the posterity post...its actually EXACTLY what Im looking for right now.