Thread: New to me Z4M mobility

My Cars
    2008 Z4MC space gray/Red

New to me Z4M mobility

Hi guys, I just picked up an ‘08 coupe. Nice ride with a few minor (hopefully) issues. Number one is lack of mobility kit. There seems to several different kits with different part numbers. There is a blue cambell hausfield compressor that fits the stock storage spot, but I doubt it’s original. Anyone know the part numbers for the kit and also for just the canister?

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 E85 3.0 SI

My Cars
    2008 Z4MC space gray/Red
    Thanks for the reply, goop is on the way. Now to address the front bumper cover issue. Is been bounced off of parking stops apparently every time it was parked. The inner fender plastic is broken loose from the cover and horizontal supports at the bottom are pretty beat up. To top it off the front cover has had a quick and dirty respray so I’ll pull it off and go from there.

My Cars
    2007 BMW Z4 E85 3.0 SI
    Sounds like you have pretty exciting projects to work on. Keep us posted about your bumper re paint experience. I am planning to do mine soon.

My Cars
    LCI F10 535i & E85 Z4M
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosegravel View Post
    Thanks for the reply, goop is on the way. Now to address the front bumper cover issue. Is been bounced off of parking stops apparently every time it was parked. The inner fender plastic is broken loose from the cover and horizontal supports at the bottom are pretty beat up. To top it off the front cover has had a quick and dirty respray so I’ll pull it off and go from there.
    Congrats!

I am rebuilding a Z4MR and bought fender liners and the plastic panels underneath. The prices are outrageous for the fender liners if you are replacing with new ones. As a heads up, the fender liners for the ///M cars have a different part number from the non-///M cars. And as expected, the ///M parts are more expensive. They look identical except the non-M has a removable panel where the ///M brake cooling vents would be installed.

My Cars
    2008 Z4MC space gray/Red
    Looks like finding tire sealer is harder than it looks. Found the right part # and ordered from Pelican. They sent a can that had expired 4 1/2 years ago! For $61! First and last order from them. Anyone know where to get one?

on the inner fender issue, I assume they are ABS so I bought a sheet of abs to make new tabs to apply over the torn tabs. Also the cover for the brake duct opening is missing on the drivers side. Since there is no maintenance history (pretty much pig in a poke) I’ll do a type II, plus compression and leak down tests, VANOS and oil analysts and find out where I am. The car dosnt appear to be abused, except for the clueless parking. We shall see.

My Cars
    '05 ZHP, '16 Golf R
    IF I were inclined to rely on this mobility kit in the first place, rather than trying to refresh the "official' BMW sealant, I'd just buy this kit for $19, and it includes everything...

http://a.co/d/293k1RT

That said - a cellphone and AAA card would always be my primary solution if I were to suffer a flat tire.
    '08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '19 Golf R