RM European Auto Parts

Thread: What is max temp of led strips etc can reach?

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i

What is max temp of led strips etc can reach?

etrofit led angel eye lights in my car and had to reopen them. I used a oven on 275 degrees for 5 minutes to loosen the Adhesive and after putting back together the halo rings don't work anymore. Thinking heat killed them
    0 following

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Seriously?

Tyrone, you're on the wrong forum for asking directions to stick in aftermarket halos by cooking your headlights in an oven. On this forum, we concentrate on fixing cars, not breaking them.

But hey, not to worry, new headlights only cost about $1500 each.

Hey, good news! There's an online dealer who has them for $1000! https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...ly-63117240261
    Last edited by bmwdirtracer; 11-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i
    Seriously,

bmwdirtracer my car never had halo lights, and my lights look way better and brighter then bmw halos. I simply just asked a question to see if anybody had something for me. This question not for you sir. It's for other people like me that's ain't rich brother, and like to save money by not spending 2k on something thats overpriced

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronekndrck View Post
    etrofit led angel eye lights in my car and had to reopen them. I used a oven on 275 degrees for 5 minutes to loosen the Adhesive and after putting back together the halo rings don't work anymore. Thinking heat killed them
    0 following
    Seriously,

bmwdirtracer my car never had halo lights, and my lights look way better and brighter then bmw halos. I simply just asked a question to see if anybody had something for me. This question not for you sir. It's for other people like me that's ain't rich brother, and like to save money by not spending 2k on something thats overpriced

So, um, if they're far better and brighter than BMW halos, what's the problem? Oh yeah....they don't work at all. What a bargain.

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412

My Cars
    08 Bmw 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post

Seriously,

So, um, if they're far better and brighter than BMW halos, what's the problem? Oh yeah....they don't work at all. What a bargain.
    So, um, if they're far better and brighter than BMW halos, what's the problem?
    (the problem particularly is not about bmw at all. It's about led lights strips period)

Oh yeah....they don't work at all. What a bargain
    (well I saved a shit ton of money and already ordered more leds. Just wanted to know how hot they can get before damage. But no problem because I have a heat gun. So stop trying get smart and go get some puss bih.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Ask here; https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...red-by-BAVToys
    This forum doesn't deal too much with problems encountered because of aftermarket accessories.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    `Aw, c'mon, why deprive us of hearing from someone who thinks it's a good idea to put plastic headlights in an oven? THAT was SO much fun! Let's order ANOTHER set, since we're saving SO much money....and then we get to do it AGAIN!

Chris Powell
    BMWCCA 274412