Thread: McLaren 570S v BMW M3

My Cars
    M3, M5, Ferrari F40, Fer

McLaren 570S v BMW M3

Its been quite some time since I've been here, and my line up has changed a little. I had been sniffing around McLarens since the 12C, but decided on a 570S. Even in stock form it is almost too quick for the street. Most people will not attempt to race on either a straight stretch or anything with a curve as it's just a fruitless endeavor. This car mostly elicits smiles, thumbs up and cell phone pics. However, I had a pesky E92 M3 that wouldn't accept defeat and just wave and go about his day.

It started at a traffic light that leads to a great little stretch. There are 2 left turn lanes and I watched him weave through traffic in order to get the lead spot next to me. Most of the time these are picture takers, but this guy is sitting there revving his engine and rocking back and forth. I looked over and smiled. He points forward and throws me his middle finger. Well, that wasn't very nice I thought. He requires a little spanking! Light turns green and he's off....

I let him have 4 seconds before I took off. While sitting at the light I turned the chassis and powertrain to 'track'... not that the 570 needed it. With a 4 second head start, I reeled him in, in about 3. Down the hill, through a right hand kink and up the next hill. Through the corner, I checked the rear view and he was just a dot. I let up and I can see he's charging. He was probably doing 90 and I had backed off to 60, so his closing speed was pretty high. As he got within a few car lengths, I downshifted and punched it... matched his speed before he got passed and was gone again. Through the next left-right sequence.... he's just a dot again. We played the same game as before, through a couple more sequences, with the same result.

I figure he was ready to put his tail between his legs as I charge towards a 110 degree, decreasing radius on ramp that I can take at an obscene speed. Instead of annihilating him this time, I just keep him at bay (about 10 car lengths back). I throw my turn signal on to let him know my intentions, but I don't brake until the last possible moment. turn in towards the apex and I'm hard on the throttle, doing well into triple digits before I look back to see said M3 facing the wrong direction. He managed not to damage anything except his ego. He finally gave up the ghost and probably went for a diaper change! I doubt he'll pick any fights with McLaren's anytime soon!

Ciao....Dino
    M3.... tuned to 370 hp & delimited
    SL55 AMG... tuned to 550 hp & delimited
    Ferrari F40 (sold)
    Ferrari 348 Challenge... Tuned to 350 hp
    Ferrari Testarossa
    87 March/Cosworth Indycar
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Incoming!!
    McLaren 570S (Track Pack)
    www.veloceperformance.com

My Cars
    99 M3 / 95 325i
    Nothing like a kill story from Ingenere. The one time I did push someone hard enough to spin, I thought of you. Just like how your stories always seem to end, no damage was done other than a bruised ego.
    -Chris

My Cars
    M3, M5, Ferrari F40, Fer
    I don't know if it's that I am just getting older, or the younger guys are more interested in self driving electric cars, but the challengers are few and far between anymore. It definitely brightens things up from the usual mundane drive...... If a drive in the Macca could be boring!
    Last edited by Ingenere; 11-20-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Ciao....Dino
    M3.... tuned to 370 hp & delimited
    SL55 AMG... tuned to 550 hp & delimited
    Ferrari F40 (sold)
    Ferrari 348 Challenge... Tuned to 350 hp
    Ferrari Testarossa
    87 March/Cosworth Indycar
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Incoming!!
    McLaren 570S (Track Pack)
    www.veloceperformance.com