Thread: Help with two versions of inpa

My Cars
    2000 E39. MS52TU, auto

Help with two versions of inpa

I think that when I set up my laptop , i ordered a cd from bimmergeeks with its standard tools .

But the cable I ordered from somewhere else, also came with some software and though the install instructions where pretty bad, they just seemed easier,,,, at the time all I was interested in was inpa, so I followed the easier set of instructions. And just left standard tools unpacked but not installed. I had a car to fix.

Fast forward to today and I want to flash my dme. The bimmer geeks folders sitting in my desktop have ncs expert, ncs dummy inpa, winfkp. In addition they have daten files and in general , their versions are a little newer.

But the Ediabas/inpa , I presently have running works just fine, and it does have winfkp

Opinions please: is it worth it to go with the newer versions or does it really matter ? I have an e 39 if that matters.

Should I completely uninstall the older working version before installing the newer? Shame I can’t just update...

I hear two versions on same drive is bad mojo... is that just a rumor?

Thanks in advance, trying not to brick the dme,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 E39. MS52TU, auto
    My main issue is that on the install I did using the stuff that came with cable, all mi win fkp stuff is in German,

The bimmer geeks tools clearly looks like a better compiled system and I see English files etc,

I’m sure I can probably just pull something over and make it work but it’s probably just easier to fully install the bimmer geeks stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 E39. MS52TU, auto
    I got it done. Changed the com port in the obd file. Use the driver that came with cable other than that its was pretty standard uninstall re install . Im getting communication an stats from car. seems to be working.